Dancing : Face

The A-Team was your family. Hannibal, a father figure. Murdock, a brother. BA, the serious but occasionally fun brother. And Face, well....... You didn't have the feelings like you did before.

Over time, your developing crush on Face grew into something almost unbearable.

"Murdock, please don't tell him. You know how much this means to me."

"I know (Y/n), but this is.... TOO MUCH TO HANDLE!!" He dramatically laid across the couch.

Murdock sat up almost immediately. "You have to tell him."

"No, that's crazy!"

"Yep. That's my specialty!"

"He doesn't feel like that about me."

"Oh yeah? Then why does he call you Angel?"

You didn't say anything.

——————

The mission this time was in a foreign country and the team was helping the king. The team, persuaded by Murdock, elected Face and you to pass off as the "visiting royalty". The other three would be the security guards.

"Murdock I swear...." You stepped toward him. "If this is because of Face I'll........."

"(Y/n), if there's anyone who needs a push, it's you. And if there's anyone who can pull it off..... it's you. And Face. Because he's the Faceman." He smiled.

——————

Face, accompanied by Hannibal, took you to try on dresses. Gown through gown, none of them seemed to be right.

The last one however.....

You looked at the mirror in the dressing room and smiled, hoping they would like it as much as you did.

"Woah, (Y/n), you look stunning."

"Thanks Hannibal."

Face stood up with mouth agape, and circled twice. You tried to follow his eyes, but they wouldn't meet yours.

"Wow, I mean, WOW." Face exclaimed. You giggled, twirling around. "Do you really think so, Face?"

"I really do, Angel." He came up from behind and kissed your cheek. "Now let's go pay for this dress."

————————

Face had to wait for you at the airport, as was customary in your "country". Murdock was your "body guard", and you relayed the dress shopping experience. He literally squealed.

"Here we are. Now, remember the procedure?" Murdock questioned, putting his sunglasses and trying to look serious.

"Well, I'm supposed to pretend like I'm in love, and be very brief with my discussions with anybody but Face. Dance a lot. Get out as soon as the king gives the signal." You laughed as Murdock looked completely ridiculous trying to look suave with his sunglasses.

"Right. Good luck out there (Y/n)." He shook your hand. You smiled. "Good luck, Murdock."

You stepped off the plane, with Murdock in front of you. You nodded to the people bowing to you. Face was at the end of the procession. He had a sparkle in his eye as he held his arm out for you. You slowly strolled toward the doors of the palace.

"You look lovely tonight, (Y/n)." He smiled, kissing your temple.

"Thank you. You do too... I mean you look handsome... I don't know." The mood lightened as you laughed.

"Murdock gave you the briefing?"

"Yep. I've got it."

Face smiled, and the fanfare behind the doors started playing loudly.

"Ready?" He inquired quietly.

"I'm actually quite nervous."

The doors flung open, and the fanfare stopped. They announced your "royal" names, and everyone bowed. You bowed back, and Face escorted you down the stairs. The large crowd stared on, and Face stopped at the bottom of the stairs, looking a little worried.

"What's the matter?" Your silently whispered.

"They're expecting us to kiss."

He noticed how worried you looked and took you into his arms and kissed you gently. The crowd clapped, and went back to their business.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Face asked, holding his arm out.

The dancing music started, and everyone took their partners.

"I want to go back to the hotel."

"Why?"

"I have this thing called "social anxiety", and....."

"I understand." He noticed how longingly you looked at the door, and started dancing with you.

You had to admit, he was extremely good at it. He knew how to spin you around and take you back into his arms, and that was what you enjoyed the most. Before you knew it, you were in the middle of the room.

You looked around nervously, but Face quickly grabbed your chin and kissed you.

At the top of the stairs, Murdock, Hannibal and BA were silently cheering. It was bound to happen eventually.

He pulled away, breathless. "I've been wanting to do that since forever, Angel." He chuckled.

You smiled as his forehead touched yours.

Gunshots soon followed. Face shielded you, and you took his hand.

"Face, what's going on?"

"The plan isn't going as...... planned."

Hannibal, Murdock and BA quickly followed the gunner. Face instinctively followed in suit, but turned to see you reaching for his hand. He took it and led you outside towards the jet. Which was now gone.

"That's not surprising at all." You sarcastically stated.

You shivered; Face took his coat off and placed it on your shoulders.

"Face?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you, ya know, like me?"

"Well, you caught my eye when you first joined the team, but I first realized I really liked you when you put your book down to bandage my hand. You said you never did it for anyone else." He sighed, smiling. "Do you, ya know, like me?" He mimicked your voice and you punched him lightly, laughing.

"Well, you're the Faceman. All of the girls we meet practically fall for you within an hour of meeting you. But when you first laughed at my sarcastic cheesy jokes was probably when I first realized it. I guess I got what I wanted."

"And what's that?"

"Well, I got out of the palace."

You continued a pleasant conversation with Face and enjoyed being able to laugh with him.

The sounds of a helicopter stopped your laughing as you tried to get up the ladder with your dress.

Face soon followed and took his seat beside you, with Hannibal next to Murdock in the cockpit and BA fast asleep across from you.

"Face, why do you call me Angel?"

"Because you're heavenly."

"Oh gosh, it's that cheesy?"

———————————