Jealous Much? : Face

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Aw, Faceman! You can't just choose truth every time!"

"I can, and I will. Now, Murdock, ask me the question."

"Ok, um...... who's your crush?"

"She's going to remain anonymous from you."

"Aw, is it (Y/n)?"

"No way! How could a guy like me fall in love with a girl like her? Seriously, that's ridiculous."

"Come on, Face! She's practically a one-legged Wonder Woman!"

-------------

During this mission, you were basically the bait. You'd apply for the job, use your charm and sass, and get as much info as possible.

And, of course, you were nervous.

"Murdock, what do you think?"

"(Y/n), you'll do fine. You've got it, Wonder Woman." He smiled.

You had met Murdock when flying alongside him in the war. You lost your leg in an emergency landing, and Murdock took you when he and the A-Team were running away. Murdock had called you Wonder Woman, because you flew so well the enemy rarely saw you. You decided to keep the nickname as a member of the A-Team.

------------

As you walked in, you got the weird/sympathetic looks you always got.

You got hired, and your boss was very impressed by your work, which was the whole point of you being there.

You laughed to yourself, as Face would pop in with new disguises every day. You couldn't understand why your co workers didn't recognize him.

One day, your boss was particularly close to you when Face made his round. He seemed uneasy and a little bewildered when he approached the front desk to make the delivery.

-----------

"(Y/n), what do you think you were doing so close to him?!?"

"Face, chill. It's fine."

"No, it's not. You need to..... You need to....."

"Are you jealous much, o facial one?"

You enjoyed using Murdock's title for Face.

"No, no I'm not!"

"SURE, sure."

"You just can't......"

"Face, you can't rule my life. I am an independent woman, and I don't need no man."

"Really? Then why do people judge you?"

"Don't even...."

"Is it your leg? Maybe, you're too antisocial? Not fit enough? Not smart enough?"

"Face, knock it off."

"No. You're incompetent, but you're so prideful you can't see it."

You kicked his shins, knocking him to the ground, kicked his gut, and walked out the door.

--------------

Why was it that you though of the best comebacks after something happened?

You continued to work, and Face made his usual rounds. You also, however, continued to lose sleep. Your boss noticed the dark bags under your eyes, and you worked less efficiently.

He told you to go home, and so you did. Into your sweats and doing nothing worth your time.

-------------

"Face, I want to talk to you." BA stated.

Face said goodbye to the lady who was with him, silently telling her to call him.

"What's up BA?"

"You'd better explain what happened with (Y/n) or I won't be so nice to you." BA thought of you as a little sister, and protected you like a little sister. And Faceman had hurt you.

--------------

"(Y/n), come on, you've got to tell me everything."

"I don't want to, Murdock. I don't want to....."

"Ok. Is there anything you need from me?"

"No, not really. Maybe a friend?"

"You know what, I can do that. Call me whenever you need me."

You smiled, and watched Murdock leave in the Vette.

--------------

It was a day or two later, and you wanted to take up Murdock on his offer.

You heard the Vette's engine pull up onto the driveway of the A-Team's secret house.

You realized you looked terrible, but you didn't care. Murdock wasn't judgmental.

You opened the door, and Murdock stepped aside to reveal an embarrassed looking Face.

And so you were left with the man you wanted to ignore.

"What do you want?"

"I'm only here because BA will kill me if I don't."

You tried to close the door, only to be stopped by his foot.

"Just go away." You stated, unwilling to look him in the eyes.

"I'm also here to see you."

"Yeah, right."

"No, I'm serious. I got this for doing that to you." You looked up, noticing a black eye and bleeding nose.

You didn't know why, but something inside of you jumped and made you say: "Face! Let me help you! Gosh, BA sure punches hard."

"And I totally deserved it..." he mumbled as you sat him down at the counter, finding ice and putting it in a bag. You also grabbed a washcloth, got it wet, and cleaned up his bloody nose. And for some reason, it was all instinctive.

"So, how've you been, (Y/n)?"

"Fine." You pulled out a glass of water and straightened your sweatshirt that hid your curves. "How've you been?"

"Fine. The mission ended, same as usual. We beat the bad guys, narrowly missed the MP........... you know the drill."

You chuckled. "Yeah, I know."

"Listen, about what I said, (Y/n)..."

"Don't. You were right. I'm antisocial, my leg makes me look stupid, I'm not smart, and I am definitely not fit enough. I mean, look at me!" You said sadly.

"No, (Y/n), no! Don't listen to me! I was wrong! I was scared to.....to......"

"To what? Face, what you told me is something I already knew. It's nothing new to me."

"I was scared to lose......."

"To lose your last love interest? Honey, she's long gone. She doesn't care."

"No, I was scared to lose you."

"What? Are you crazy?"

"No, Murdock is crazy, I am not. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I can't handle how adorable you are. Gosh, that sounds cheesy."

"What happened to the Face that 'could never fall in love with a girl like me'?"

You suddenly felt his lips against yours, and gave back that equal passion he was giving.

He pulled apart and cupped your face.

"Is that what you classify as an apology?"

"Yep."

You hugged him tightly, and laughed as he hugged back.

"Jealous much?"

"I don't have to be."

——————————