You Are My Sunshine : Hannibal

"Well, it was one of you two." Hannibal paced the ship's hotel room the team had scammed.

"It wasn't me. It was (Y/n)." Amy accused.

Your eyes widened. "What? I would NEVER do that! I saw Amy calling someone last night!" You cried.

Hannibal glared at you. "I can't believe you'd lie to us. To me."

"Hannibal... you know I'd never do that to you."

"Get out. I don't want you anymore."

"What?" You gasped.

"GET OUT!" He slammed the bedroom door behind him.

You burst into tears and the three remaining men started threatening Amy.

"I'd better go...." All arguing stopped.

"No, (Y/n), please don't leave." Murdock begged, with Face and BA in suit.

"He didn't mean what he said."

"He really loves you."

"We'll see. I'll stall for you. Let me go, please." They all shook hands with you and you nodded to Amy. "Be nice to him, okay?"

"(Y/n)?"

You hesitated at the handle, looking over at Hannibal. You opened the door and made it halfway down the hall. The door opened again, and they were waiting for the signal to go in their disguises and get away.

When you looked back up from your book, you saw Colonel Decker, who punched you.

BA and Face held Hannibal back from running to you and giving them away. He struggled against their arms, but gave up when you gave the signal and they started filing out.

Decker spoke up. "Oh, it's not... okay. Sorry ma'am. We thought you were..."

"It's fine." You held your bleeding nose.

"I'm so sorry. We are looking for the A- Team. An "Amy" told us they were here." Decker explained. Hannibal tensed. "Would you mind if we asked you a few questions?"

"No! Not at all."

"Have you ever been in contact with or affiliated with the A- Team?"

"No."

"Have you ever been personally connected to a HM Murdock?"

"No." You felt sad. All those years, Murdock had been an emotional support. The hugs and get well soon cards in crayon that made you smile came from him.

"BA Barracas?"

"No." Weak. BA had taught you some of life's greatest lessons, and was one of your treasured friends. He taught you how to be strong.

"Templeton Peck?"

"No." Lonely. Face had been friends with you for a long time. He'd been the compadre you'd had when nobody wanted to be your friend.

"Hannibal Smith?"

Hannibal stopped in the middle of the hall, and you remembered the first time he told you he loved you. First time holding hands. First kiss.

"No." Empty. Hannibal had been everything to you. He'd been the light when you felt darkest. And now he didn't want you.

Decker's apologetic voice faded into the background as you just nodded your head and went into a trance.

——————

The team retreated to the extra room they had on the second floor of the cruiser.