White Christmas : Hannibal

"Hannibal, come on. There's plenty of fantastic women that would love to settle down with you."

"Face, now is not the time to discuss my non-existent love life." The gunshots continued, causing the four men to duck behind the wall again. "Besides," he shot his pistol a few times before reloading it, "I doubt there's anyone who would want to put up with me on the jazz. Or put up with me in general."

"Colonel, if I may, I believe Face brings up a fair point." Murdock chimed in, throwing the dynamite over the wall and plugging his ears.

BA nodded. "I'm with Face on this one too."

Hannibal laughed. "You're funny. I really don't think you underst..." he gasped as a bullet lodged in his shoulder. The team went into auto-pilot mode, BA pulling the van out back, Murdock moving the equipment into the van, Face holding his position and checking in with Hannibal.

"I've called Amy, she'll get a doctor ready for ya, Colonel." Murdock took the now bloody jacket off Hannibal, who nodded.

"I'm really fine, but we should probably take the bullet out before we get there so it's just cleanup."

BA pulled the kit out of the back of the van, handing it to Murdock.

"Thanks, big guy."

------------

The cabin was substantial, more than the team had expected considering its location.

"Is this where Amy said the client would be?"

"I don't know, weren't you listening?"

"Face, you know I have a short attention span, a short term memory, not to mention my height impairment."

"Murdock, you're about the same height as the rest of us. Calm down."

"Guys, we've got to get settled before we can get started on the project." Hannibal stated, being careful with his arm in the sling that Amy's doctor friend had insisted on. "How much longer do I have with this thing on?"

"Hannibal, she said a few days, give your shoulder some time before you do anything crazy - you just got shot two days ago, you know."

He laughed. "Like that's stopped us from doing things before, Face!"

"You make a good point."

As they came up to the door, the handle turned and opened to reveal... well, you.

-------------------

The moment you laid eyes on each other, something just made sense. He was handsome, had an extremely contagious laugh, and there was an energy to his aura that made you feel like home.

"Hannibal Smith. It's nice to meet you." He stated, and held out his hand that you shook.

"(Y/N) (L/N), nice to meet you too. How did you come across this place?"

"Well, it's kind of a long story."

"I enjoy a good story. Here," you motioned to the couch in the parlour and sat down for a few hours, listening to what had transpired and what they were up to.

You hadn't expected to run into the A-Team when attempting to help a friend out of their financial ruin, but it wasn't unpleasant at all. You knew General Kelly had his military people visit before, because he had talked so fondly of them so often.

The three guys stopped in the front entry as they eavsdropped into your conversation.

"Do we tell him we're starting on the pergola out back or..."