The Morning After

When I woke up the next morning I was still on the couch, expect now I was alone. I slowly sat up trying to fully wake myself. I glanced around the room and Maddy was nowhere to be seen. I wondered where he'd gone, but I didn't have to wonder long.

The cabin door swung open and there stood Maddy freshly showered and wearing a different change of clothes. He was carrying coffee and donuts. He leaned over the back of the couch handed me a cup of coffee and kissed my cheek. " Did you sleep well?"

I smiled and quickly grabbed shirt and pulled him down to kiss me on the lips before he could get away from me. He seemed a little surprised, but when he stood back up she had a smile on his face. He leaned back down and kissed me again. This time when he went to walk away I let him.

"Was that donuts that I saw?"

"Nope."  He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Come on Maddy be serious." He walked around the couch and sat down and pulled out a donut and started eating one right in front of me.

If he was going to be mean to me, I could do the same. I scooted across the couch and onto his lap and started kissing his neck. He didn't even see it coming. I grabbed the donut box and quickly moved to the other side of the couch.

All he could do was look at me and laugh. " Mels you are something else. This is one reason I love you so much."

At that moment all I could do was smile. He made me want to smile all the time. It was crazy how you can love some one even though your so afraid of it. I loved him, there was no doubt about it. I just wish things didn't have to be so complicated.

"Mels, it's okay. You don't have to say it, I'm okay with you not saying it. As long as I am able to spend this time together and share the things we share, that is all that matters to me." He looked so sincere. There was no way that the words that were coming out of his mouth were untrue.

If I could have seen myself in the moment it probably would have looked as if I'm ginning form ear to ear. I was smiling so much that my face was beginning to hurt. I moved closer to Maddy. I wanted to show him how I felt about him. I placed my hand on his cheek, he rested it against my hand and closed his eyes and placed his hand on top of mine.

" I love you Maddy. I don't want to deny it anymore."

His eyes shot open. "Mels, you don't have to do this. It's okay."

"I'm not doing anything. I love you that is just how I feel. I know the timing isn't right, I know that there are a lot of things against us. But I feel it. I feel it now matter how much I try not to." I don't know what had come over me. I don't know if I was just tired of putting myself last, but I wanted to be happy with a guy and Maddy was the guy to do that.

In that moment, Maddy pulled me even closer to him. He kissed my cheeks and then tenderly kissed my lips. It was only for a brief moment, but that was enough. He hugged me tight to him. I was so close to him that I was basically in his lap.

"So, let go on a date."  I had decided that Maddy was so random.

"Okay." I looked at him curiously.

"Well, I mean we love each other and we've never been on a date. Doesn't that seem a bit odd." He chuckled a little. I loved the sound, it was a deep gruff sound that melted my heart.

"A date huh, I never thought of that. Aren't we a little past the date stage."

He raised his eye brows in suspicion. "Just cause we... you.. know.. do it... doesn't mean I doesn't mean I don't want to wine and dine you."

This time it was my turn to laugh. "Do it?"

He turned a slight shade of pink. I really liked seeing this side of him. The side that made him less confident and more vulnerable.