Bubble Baths and Fresh Air

**Sorry folks this is unedited.. I'll be going back later to make corrections :) Hope you enjoy! Vote Comment... whatever you want if you like!

I put my hands in my hair, pulled and really wanted to scream. If my stress level wasn't high enough before, now it off the charts. Could there be anything worse than having an awkward moment with the long lost father of my daughter. I mean just the sound of me saying that was awkward. This seemed to call for a nice relaxing bubble bath.

So that is exactly what I did. I dimmed the lights and lit some candles. I felt like a kid taking a bubble bath. I never had the time for bubble baths. Being a mom is a full time job. July gets the bubble baths, I get quick showers.  It was kind of nice to relax, but that moment only lasted for a brief time. All I could do was wonder what July was doing with her dad, were they getting a long? Was she getting a long with his family? Did she fit in? So many questions flew through my head. What did all this mean? What was going to happen once the summer ends? I laid my head back onto the bathtub and let out a sigh. I needed to just take a moment and breath. I let out another sigh then slid my whole body under the water.

I don't know how long I stayed in the bath. All I know is that by the time I was done I was sitting in a cold bathtub. I slipped out of the bath and tightly wrapped a towel around me. I wiped the steam off of the mirror and stared at myself for a long time. Before me stood a women with long natural curly dirty blond hair, that stood five foot six inches tall. My green eyes appeared to be sad. I hadn't noticed this until today. To be honest, I hadn't looked at myself in a long time, I mean really looked at myself. I didn't recognize the women standing in front of the mirror. Time had aged me a bit over the years. I wasn't that vibrant sixteen year old anymore. Yeah, I was only twenty-two but I was an aged twenty-two year old.

Being a single mom had put a lot of miles on me. Sometimes, I worked odd and end jobs to help supplement my daytime job. My parents never really knew I did this. I didn't want them  to know that sometimes what I made at the law firm wasn't enough. They would have given me more money if I asked, but they had already done enough to help me out over the years. I  couldn't ask for more. So twice a week my parents watch July, so I can have me time. In reality, I'm working across town, at a local cafe,waiting tables. I've been doing this for about three years now. I hate lying to them, but I'm only doing what is best for July.  I am her mom, I am the one who has to provide for her. I couldn't always depend on some to be there to help.

By this time, I had decided it was time to finish getting ready and head to Rainey's cabin. I decided to let my hair air dry as I put on a little bit of make up to brighten my face. I picked out a summer maxi dress and a pair of Tom's. I loved summer time and being able to feel free. The weather is nice with cool nights and warm days. I grabbed a light sweater and headed for the Rainey cabin. The weather out was a little colder than I had anticipated. As I was strolling along, I heard my name being called from behind.  I slightly turned my head to look to see who it was. I smiled when I saw him. He came trotting up and stopped in front of me.

I stopped in my tracks and spoke. " What are you doing out here, sneaking up on girls like a creeper." He laughed and shrugged his shoulders.He didn't say anything else so I spoke again.

I thought I'd be comical, " What are you doing to do take me in the woods and kill me, I mean that seems a little more feasible."

He furrowed his brow and shook his head. I could tell he was trying not to smile. I pressed my lips together waiting for him to speak.

" I was getting some fresh air, I thought I'd give July, Rainey and his family some space. I felt a little out of place." I nodded my head.

"Sorry, I'm so late to dinner.. I sort of lost track of time, I'm sure everyone is starving because of me."