Shock - Chapter 4

Three days had gone by & it was the day of Emma's big test in school. She was so stressed out over this test.

Over these three days, Killian had kept flirting with her, but she didn't mind. She actually had a conversation with him yesterday.

He made her laugh & she did the same. He almost held her hand that day, but he backed off because he didn't want to startle her.

Emma took her test & finally relaxed, but it had been a overwhelming week, so she didn't settle down that much.

She actually believed that her wish was coming true.

The hope to find true love.

She thought she was silly to think of such a special & important thing in life, but she wanted it.

She thought at times that she was too young, but who cares? Life's too short to not want true love at an early age.

{Emma's POV}

I'm so glad I finished that test. It had gotten stuck in my brain for the past couple of days & I just felt so tired of it.

Ruby & Belle agreed completely because Ruby was the best at science & Belle was phenomenal at english.

Regina bragged after math class to us about how she believed she passed the test with flying colors.

And me? Yea I'm not good at any of them & the only thing that fascinates me are fairy tales but that doesn't mean I can write a 1,500 word essay on it? Teachers these days.

I was so relieved to go home, but before I could even get out the door in peace, Killian ran up to me & started just walking with me out of nowhere.

He didn't even say hi; he just walked right by my side. There was hardly any space between us.

I didn't want to sound annoyed but I felt the need to state this, "For a popular guy, you don't seem like you want to be or even act like you are."

Killian had a confused look come upon his face, but then replied, "Well love, you see, um..."

He frowned, then sighed, but continued, "The only reason I'm popular is because everyone only likes me for my looks. All of the guys I socialize with only talk to me because they want the attention from the ladies. You see, none of the people I even talk to like me. I know I sound like I want attention & sympathy, but I'm actually really insecure."

And then, he just looked at me with those deep ocean blue eyes and I felt so depressed all of the sudden.

It's like he could transfer his feelings to me or something because at that moment, I lunged myself into his arms & gave him a meaningful, long hug.

I just for some reason needed to because I was hoping I would make him feel safe.

A tear slowly fell across my face and I pushed back, looked into his eyes, & said, "I know exactly how you feel. I hardly talk to anyone & a bunch of people tease me. I'm very insecure, too."

And he just smiled at me & I could tell he felt comforted, but then he lunged into my arms and gave me an even longer hug.

And I let him hug me for as long as he wanted because I felt safe when I was in his arms & I didn't want to go. I actually think I might even have feelings for him because I wanted to kiss him.

{Killian's POV}

I wanted to kiss her.

I wanted to make her feel safe.

I wanted to show her how I felt about her.

But again, it's only been three days & I don't want to shock her.

Whenever she walked away from our chat, I felt like I could actually enjoy myself at school with her & I having so much in common. I then smiled & ran up to the bus happily, for the first time in forever.

{Emma's POV}

I didn't even walk up to Elsa this time because if I acted like I did before, she would want me to talk all about it & I didn't want to tell anyone.

It felt like a special connection between us & I knew he felt it too.

He made me feel like the only girl in the world. He made me feel like I actually belonged here, with him.

I wish he rode my bus, so we could continue our conversation because he listened to every bit and so did I & I believe that made both of our days.

I was just sitting on the uncomfortable bus seat waiting for Elsa, when all of the sudden, I saw someone sprint up to the bus.

It was Elsa.

I didn't think anything of it because sometimes she's late to the bus, but as she got closer, I noticed immediately that she was in tears.

My eyes shot open wide as I quickly walked up to the front of the bus to meet her.

"Elsa wha-" "Come on Emma we have to go! Something terrible has happened!" she replied as more & more tears rolled down her face.