John Doe - Chapter 15

{Killian's POV}

We came home that night & I was furious. I couldn't even believe someone would do that. They had no heart. I guess it makes since because she is the Evil Queen.

Emma could tell I had heat rushing to my face when we got to our room.

"Killian, hey, what's wrong?"

I exclaimed, "I can't believe someone would do that! To you, to me, to your mother, to everyone else in this town! They have no sou-"

She interrupted my rant, "Hey, don't worry about me."

I pulled myself away from her. I couldn't tell her how I really felt. She wouldn't even talk to me anymore.

No. I have to say something.

"But Emma, (...)" My voice cracked slightly and my eyes threatened to spill tears. All my anger had quickly turned to sadness & care.

"I care about you. A lot. I don't want you to feel down. I don't want anything to happen to you." I gave in to the tears & let them fall.

{Emma's POV}

Tears fell from his face & he stared at the ground like he always does when he feels insecure.

A tear or two fell upon my face as I lifted his face up to meet my eyes. His eyes were red and still ready to let tears fall.

We were both lost in each other's eyes as I wrapped my arms around his neck,
slowly.

"Nothing is going to happen to me, or you, (...) or us." More tears came tumbling down.

Our foreheads touched and I closed my eyes to conceal our moment.

I wanted to kiss him so bad, but I don't know if I should.

He pulled away slightly and was barely inches away from face. "Come on, let's go downstairs and get dinner." We both smiled and with fingers intertwined we walked down to Granny's.

Are we more than friends, now?

---

{Killian's POV}

"Today, class, we'll be going to the hospital to set up the banners." Mary Margaret exclaimed. The class hollered, but Emma & I just smiled.

I've never noticed until now how much Mary Margaret resembles Emma. Now that I do realize it though, it makes the 'cursed town' situation all the more true.

I wonder where her dad is.

Mary Margaret was going around making sure everybody brought a lunch when I noticed Emma in a deep thought. I snapped her out of it and asked, "You alright, love?"

"Yeah, I, uh... well, I was just thinking that in the book Snow White said that they needed to have faith that I would come back and save them. I'm here now, but I haven't seen Prince Charming anywhere. They are the only ones who can break the curse."

Confused, I stated, "But didn't you just say that you're like the savior."

"Well, it seems like my job is to get them to fall for each other in this world, and then, once they kiss, the curse will be broken. My job is minor."

I smiled and whispered, "Brilliant, Emma. Hey, maybe he works at the hospital."

She smiled hopefully at me as Mary Margaret exclaimed, "Alright class, I checked & everything is in order. The bus is ready, so let's go!"

---

When we arrived at the hospital and started deccorating immdiately. We were having fun, mainly because we didn't have to go to school today, and I was with Emma. Even though I'm with her everyday, each day is a new adventure that I love to go on.

We were about to leave to go eat lunch when I noticed Emma slowly pacing toward a patient's room. All the other patients were out in the open by each other, but this one was in its own room. The walls were clear though, so you could still see in his/her room.

I tried to quietly go up to Emma and stop her, but when I was about to say something, she knew I was there and whispered, "Look."

She turned around to make sure no one was around; everyone had already gone outside to eat. Emma slowly opened the door, just incase the patient was awake.

He was a male with dirty blonde hair. He looked too young to be in a hospital room isolated from the other patients. He was hooked up to a heart monitor, but besides that, he seemed alright.

I glanced to see that Emma had already taken out Once Upon a Time and was flipping through the pages, urgently trying to find him.

"It's Prince Charming. Tha- That's my dad." A tear fell down her face.

I took her into my arms as she asked, "What happened to him?"

"He's in a coma. He has no relatives to contact and nobody seems to know him, so we call him John Doe." A voice said.

I released her as we both turned around to find Mary Margaret come sit in a chair in his room.

Emma was glancing from him, to Mrs. Blanchard, to me, & back to him. I could tell she was plotting something.

"Is that all you know? Has he improved since the last time you came?" I asked, for Emma's sake.

"Sadly, no, but he hasn't gotten worse either." I smiled to Emma, but she still frowned as she quietly asked, "Do you think he'll live?"

She pondered for a moment and as each second passed, you could see the desperate look in her eyes.

"Can't really say. But if he did, it would be a miracle." Mary Margaret smiled reassuringly.

I could see her planning something again. It was only a matter of time before she completed the preparations & spilled the news.

I was right.

"Mary Margaret, I... We need to ask you something.."

She seemed confused but said, "Okay, what is it?"

"I know we probably sound crazy, completely insane, and just all around stupid," She turned to me & we both nodded in unison at Mrs. Blanchard.

"But, (..) could you read John Doe this book tonight?"

Emma handed her the book as Mary Margaret questioned, "Why?"

"Please, just do it. You'll find out sooner or later. Just please do it and you can tell us if anything changes tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll do it."

"Thanks, Mrs. Blanchard."

As Emma & I walked out, hand in hand, I whispered, "Do you think this will really work?"

She shrugged & whispered back, "We gotta try something. If we believe, I bet something will change."

And with that, we skipped outside to the bus with hope overflowing our veins.

~~~

So, how'd you like this chapter? I wanted to make this one a little bit longer just because, I wanted to & I thought you guys would like it. Please vote & leave a comment below! I love to hear your theories!