𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

A month later... the Christmas season was approaching..

If there was one thing I could hope for everyday, I would say I hoped for Hogwarts during the Holidays. Teachers were noticeably less harsh; expressions going from strict to joyful every time the cold season began approaching.

Students were chirpy and bright despite the cold weather surrounding, wandering the halls in packs of friends. For me, I wandered alone most days. I tried avoiding Ced because of my increase in romantically inclined feelings, and in response, Cedric had been distant since the last time we saw each other, only stopping to give me a brief pat on the shoulder and maybe some slight conversation about the weather and about classes.

Owls from all over had been flying in and out every morning with parcels containing Christmas gifts from family, and with all the owls swarming around, I hadn't gotten a single one just yet.

"Your name's Celene, right?" I turned around to see a third year girl with long, dark hair and thinner eyes looking up slightly at me.

"Yes..?" I was a bit confused, younger years wouldn't just approach me out of nowhere.

"I'm Cho, Cho Chang. I'm a friend of Cedric's?" she said with a friendly grin.

"O-Oh, I see. Nice to meet you, Cho." I returned the smile with my own small smile.

Cho offered to accompany me to the Great Hall, which I accepted hesitantly. She was a bright Ravenclaw girl who often talked about Quidditch and tea shops. It was an interesting conversation, the one we shared.

"Did you hear that the Harry Potter is here?" Cho whispered.

"Harry Potter? Since when?" I was shocked, I wasn't expecting the Boy who Lived to be attending Hogwarts no matter how precious it was to his family.

"He's in his second year, I believe, in Gryffindor."

"No way."

I couldn't believe that Harry Potter had come to Hogwarts. Granted, I never exactly saw people of other houses, especially the Gryffindors and Slytherins, around in the corridors, much less talking to them.

"There he is now."

I glanced over Cho's shoulder to see a shorter boy with messy, black hair and bright green eyes. His glasses were messily put onto his face, and just below his bangs was a pinkish red scar shaped like a lightning bolt.

So it was Harry Potter.

He had a grinning expression on his face.

He was accompanied by two others, a girl with bushy, brown hair and a neatly put on robe, and a boy about Harry's height with bright reddish orange hair, freckles, and a messily put on robe.

A Weasley, that's for sure.

"Who are those two with him?" I whispered to Cho.

"That's Granger and Weasley, I believe. I don't know much about the Granger girl, but it's quite obvious the red haired one is a Weasley, isn't it?" she replied, continuing to stare at them as they hurried down the hallway laughing.

"Lene, I've been looking for you everywhere." I broke my gaze on the Potter boy, spinning around to see Cedric tapping me on the shoulder.

"Oh, hi Ced." I said, forcing a smile.

"Hi Cedric!" Cho said with a genuine grin.

"Hi Cho, er, is it ok if I borrow Celene here for a second?" He asked with his deep honey-like voice.