𝐨𝐧𝐞

"Celene, you need to get down from there before Flitwick comes looking for us!"

No matter how many times they called out to her, Celene stayed up in the tall tree, the breezy wind hitting her skin causing her to shiver, but the feeling of being on top of the world made up for that.

Needless to say, Flitwick would be wondering where she and her friends had gone, so it would be better to climb down from there as soon as possible.

"All right, all right, I'm coming down."

Using the tiny cracks in the bark and a few strong branches as her ladder down, she hastily got down from the tree and brushed noticeable dirt off her black robes.

Slinging her leather book bag over her shoulder, she and her friends made their way from the courtyard to the hallways, and eventually, after many lefts and rights and turns, to the Charms classroom.

————

Upon entering, she felt all eyes on her as she walked in late, the other 4th year Hufflepuffs looking worried sick, and the Ravenclaws trying not to look as we strode in.

"Welcome, all of you. I'm afraid you're a little late for our class. I will have to take 5 points from Hufflepuff for this mishap, I pray this will not happen again. Take your seats."

Thank goodness for Flitwick's kindness.

Celene let out a groan underneath her breath as she saw the other Hufflepuffs looking at her with what seemed to be a scowl covered by a will to act nice.

This wasn't the first time she'd been late for class, and at this point, she'd developed a nice little reputation for never being punctual and a nice little reputation for chipping away at Hufflepuff's amount of House Points.

Which was absolutely great for socializing.

———

After being stared at the whole class time with both worried faces and scowls, she got through the whole Charms class just fine.

She tried to blend in with the others as they left the room, but Professor Flitwick was too quick.

"Not so fast, Miss Timmsbloom, I'm afraid I need to speak with you for a while."

He waved his wand and brought a chair forward, leaving it just a few inches away from his desk, and motioned for her to have a seat.

"What's this all about, Professor?"

"Well..."

They ended up talking about why Celene was usually late, a conversation with teachers that wasn't new to her, although some were more harsh than others.

Flitwick was on the kind side of the spectrum, trying his best to help her out, but Celene was so accustomed to being pelted with questions about her schedules that she already had an answer for everything.

Just like that, their talk was over.

"Good talk, Miss Timmsbloom, and please, for your sake, try to be on time. You may now go."

She smiled and walked out of the now empty classroom.

————

𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

Excellent, I was already hated by every Hufflepuff, and now, I had a glowing target on my back for teacher conversations judging by how much I've had.

I honestly thought nothing could make me feel better until, of course, my best friend, Cedric Diggory, decided to run- well, judging by the way he was doing it- waddle over to me because I was showing my upset self pretty obviously.