6. Jannik Sinner - baking

sorry for such a late update :/ i got caught up in other things. anywhoo, jannik won his first atp title this season! 👀  he always looks so serious during his matches but off the court he seems like a goofyhead, def passes the vibe check :)

 anywhoo, jannik won his first atp title this season! 👀  he always looks so serious during his matches but off the court he seems like a goofyhead, def passes the vibe check :)

"Okay, now we need sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and oil."

"We don't have soda for baking." Jannik said. You chuckled.

"No Jannik. Where does your mom keep her baking supplies?"

Jannik led you over to a cabinet and opened it. You started pulling out the ingredients you needed, handing them to him. "This is baking soda" you said, handing it to him.

"It's not liquid?" The genuine frown on his face, with the eyebrows scrunched and lips in a slight pout cracked a smile on your face.

"No it's another powder." At this point you were trying to not burst out laughing, and it was proving to be increasingly hard. You moved to the refrigerator and grabbed the rest of your supplies. "I need to preheat the oven to 350."

"If the oven went that high, we would all be dead right now" Jannik said.

"What? I thought..." Now it was your turn to be confused. You trailed off as you remembered you were in Italy and not your kitchen back at home. You stood there, hopelessly trying to figure out if you could guess the right temperature.

A few moments later, Jannik gently nudged you over and input the correct number on the oven. "I used this thing to figure it out" He smirked, showing you his phone.

You huffed, trying to rethink your decision on allowing your boyfriend to bake with you in the first place. Moving on, you started to mix the ingredients together to make the cake batter as Jannik stood by you, his chin laying on your shoulder.

"Can I help with something?" he asked, now standing straight.

"Do you know how to coat the pan?" you asked as you quickly found conversions for your recipe. Jannik's eyes lit up as he grabbed the supplies.

"Do I know how to coat the pan? This was my job when I was little. My mom would make the batter and I would coat the pan."

"That's so cute!" you cooed. "Little Jannik coating the pan for mom."

"Shut up" he muttered, blushing. You chuckled as you both worked in silence for a moment. Not looking up from what you were reading on your phone, you reached for the bag of flour. And Jannik grabbed for it at the same time.

In one split second the bag tore and flour poured out, filling the air in the kitchen in white dust. You and Jannik both looked at each other in shock, each with matching expressions - lips forming an o and threatening to break into a smile. A large smile tugged on your lips as Jannik burst out laughing.

"Oh my god" you giggled. "We needed that on video!"

"I'll clean it up, you can take care of the batter," Jannik said. He scooped some of it back into the bag to throw it away. As he was walking to the garbage bin, his foot caught on one of the legs of the breakfast stools and he tripped, the flour flying through the air and landing on you. You gasped as you rubbed the flour off your eyes and looked down at your ruined outfit. "Y/n! I am so-"

Jannik was cut off as you threw a handful of flour at him.

"Oh, you wanna fight?" He grinned, rubbing flour off his face. You squealed in return and grabbed the closest thing you could use for defense. You both were laughing and squealing so loudly that you never heard Jannik's mom come home.

"What-" his mother's surprised voice resulted in a moment of realization between you and Jannik. You both stopped what you were doing. Both of you and the whole kitchen was a giant disaster of baking supplies. "What are you two doing?"

"I am so sorry! I was just trying to make a cake to celebrate Jannik's season and...this happened" You spoke up. "I was planning to make it by myself but Jannik decided to join in. I totally didn't mean for this to happe-"

"My poor kitchen," she teased. "It's alright, y/n. Now shoo. I will clean this mess up while you two go take a shower."

"Yes ma'am." You pressed a floury kiss to her cheek before Jannik took your hand in his and led you up the stairs for a shower.

"This was all because of you. Now your mom thinks I'm a klutz like you." You whispered harshly as you walked up the stairs with him. Jannik gasped, acting offended at your name calling.

"Well, you were the one who planned to bake in the first place."

"No, you were the one who joined me!" You said with a little frown after walking up the stairs. Jannik, almost oblivious to your angry expression, started smiling, "Why the smile?"

"Because we're having an argument over something really stupid. And you look really cute when you're angry," Jannik gave you a little peck on your lips and headed into his bathroom to take a shower, leaving you smiling to yourself and feeling extremely thankful for a boyfriend like him.

---

thank you so much for reading :) i never thought i'd get more than 100 reads lolll

also could someone let me know if the gif above actually works bc it doesn't for me? 

love you!