4. Alex Zverev: going public

You weren't sure how he could manage it

You would never be able to understand how Sascha felt so comfortable with all those cameras, the interviews, all the fans, and the attention. While he obviously wasn't as famous as major celebrities and the two of you could go out without worrying about being swarmed by cameras, it was still strange being able to find videos and pictures of your boyfriend all over the internet. 

You'd never been particularly fond of cameras or the idea of being interviewed, so even after almost a year of being with Sascha, you hadn't yet 'gone public' with your relationship. Well... not officially, anyway.

Sitting on the hotel room bed, you kept rewinding the video on your phone, watching the same 10-second clip, and just trying to process it. There on the screen was your boyfriend, being interviewed a few days ago about some personal things unrelated to tennis. They were all things you already knew, but it still made you smile just seeing his dumb, beautiful face.

But one moment caught you by surprise.

Sascha was narrating a story he had told you a while back. It was cute, he was laughing, the interviewers behind the camera seemed to be laughing... until he slipped- 

"Yeah, Y/N thought that was pretty funny". 

You saw it process on his face and smiled as he stumbled over his words, turning a little bit pink and biting back a smile when the interviewers asked who he was talking about. He simply shook his head and smiled, pushing on to the next question. Though the interviewers didn't press about it, everybody knew that there was someone special in his life. 

You didn't notice Sascha walk into the living room as you scrolled through the comments, looking at everybody wondering and conspiring about who this Y/N was. 

"Why are you watching a video of me when real me is right here?"

"Oh!" You squeaked and pulled your phone out of his view as you finally realized his presence behind you.

"Woah, babe." He laughed a bit, startled. He plopped down onto the sofa beside you, leaning into you and preparing for your tradition of pre-match cuddling. 

"Should I be worried that you're hiding your phone?" He chuckled. You rolled your eyes and gave him a playful smack on his chest. 

"I saw your interview." 

"Oh?" A little chuckle fell from his lips as he adjusted himself between you and the couch, laying half on top of you with his head tucked against your neck and his arms wrapping around your waist. "You're gonna have to be a lot more specific."

"The one where you mentioned me."

"Oh..." The smile fell from Sascha's face as his soft blue eyes shot up to search yours, all wide and worried and immediately you felt bad for making him think you were upset.