Chapter 28 - Back Home

When we get back, people come to the windows, expecting one thing, then getting something else. I hear gasps. I see people's expressions change from happy to shocked.

Yes, I know my new face is bad, but I can't help what it looks like. It got burned. I reach the castle and find that no one is there to greet me. Not even Manu. I walk through the doors and find Manu and everyone else standing there. I stop. Someone starts to say something but stops.

"Sir? What happened?" Manu asks.

"What do you think!" I snap, "It's a burn. I must have gotten it in a fire."

I push past everyone and march down the hall. Well, I try to march down the hall. My burned leg prevents me from actually marching. I hear everyone else go back to their rooms.

Weird. Simon usually would go to the track. Michael usually would go to the music room, Liam to the art studio, and so forth. I walk up the stairs and go to my room. Manu comes in a while later to find me laying on my bed looking at the ceiling.

"Sir?"

"What."

I continue studying the ceiling.

"Your father had put some safety precautions up while you were gone. Things like no going out unless it is to get food or water or something," Manu says.

I raise my eyebrow, the existing one.

"Your father met a hostile group of humans and was hurt. There have been more attacks than usual, and your father was getting concerned."

Manu watches me closely, looking for a response.

"They might be trying to wipe out our tribes," I say, "They think they'll be better off without us."

Manu nods.

"How about we get rid of them before they get rid of us!" I say with a smile.

Manu stops nodding and stares at me.

"Stop looking so flabbergasted," I say to Manu.

I stand up and walk out the door. I knock on all the doors in the palace to tell everyone my plan. When I told the messenger what the plan was he started to run towards the nearest wolf village to ask them to join the plan.

I run in front of him and say, "I'll do it, you stay here and make sure everyone here has heard the plan."

He nods and starts running the other way. I go back to the palace to get some supplies for my journey.

"Sir, shouldn't you bring someone with you?" Manu asks as I pack my supplies.

I stop and look up at him.

"I said I'm going to do this, not someone else," I say.

As I walk through the village, I see men and women, even children, preparing themselves.

"Sir Slash!"

I hear someone yell my name from behind me. I sigh.

"For the last time, Manu, I said no."

"What are you talking about? I'm not Manu," Louis says, as he walks up behind me.

I look at him, surprised.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you be preparing?" I ask.

"Yes, but I'm coming with you," he answers.

I stop. He keeps walking.

"What do you mean you're coming with me?" I say.

"Exactly that."

Louis turns to look at me. I look around the village, then I look back at Louis.

"I guess I could use a little help," I mumble.

Louis smirks.

"But!" I say, "You have to stay out of my way. Don't do anything stupid."

Louis nods and starts walking again. I walk up to him. We walk into the forest to find the Moon Tribe. As we walk, I think about how it's nice to be with someone like me.