Chapter 1 - Born

"He's waking up!"

"Shh! Be quiet!"

I hear a bunch of noises ringing in my sensitive ears. Loud. So loud. I don't want to open my eyes, and I don't need to. I can tell everyone in the room is looking at me. I don't know how I know, but I just ... sense it. Then I hear a voice so loud, I feel like my head is about to split in two. 

The voice yells in my ear, "Wake up!" It surprises me so much that my eyes jolt open.

"He's awake!" says an overly enthusiastic female voice. I don't pay any attention to the enthusiastic voice, but I do pay attention to what I see. I see gray, white, and black in my left eye and colors in my right eye. 

Then the overly enthusiastic voice says, "There is something wrong with his left eye, I ... I think his left eye is color blind!"

The room explodes in voices.

"Quiet!" yells another female voice, this one softer and gentler.

I blink and look up. A bright light shines in my eyes, but if I look a little to the right, I see the blurry outline of a sort above me.

The gentle voice says, "What are we going to name him? I like the name Elliott!"

"Are you mad lady?!" yells a gruff male voice. "What type of name is that for a Wolfton?" 

"We will name him Elliott, and that's final!" yells the gentler voice. 

No on e bothers to argue, not even the gruff male voice. Then the blurry outline above me bends over. I can now see the source of the gentle female voice. She is pretty. She has tan skin and holly colored eyes, dark brown hair and a gentle, king, loving smile.

She says, "Welcome to world, Elliott!"

I will never forget that moment.