Chapter 25 - Tree Fort

"You idiots!" I roar.

The soldiers look at me in fear.

"You let them get away!"

The soldiers start to look at each other.

"Why are you just standing there?" I ask.

"Because you haven't given us a direction?" One brave soldier says.

I squint at him. He looks around and loosens his collar. I walk towards the tree fort and look up. This could be useful. High tree, good view point. Elliott's own brilliance used against him. I smile to myself.

"Boys, start pitching the tents. We're staying here!" I say as I turn towards the soldiers.

When I do, I see a flash of red in the forest. I blink. Nothing. I shake my head and start ordering the soldiers around.

"You! Go get more water! You! Get wood! And you! Get out of here! You're a lousy soldier! Don't look at me like that! You heard me! Get lost!"

I survey the soldiers doing their many tasks. I see one that is just sitting there, not doing anything. I march over to him, my nostrils flaring.

"What are you doing?!" I yell at the soldier.

The frightened soldier jumps to his feet.

"Get to work! Lazy-pants."

I grumble to myself as I step inside the tree. I look up. Elliott left the ladder. I climb up and peek through the door. There is a big room in the front with chairs, tables, and boxes. In the back are two rooms. They each have a bed and some storage boxes. One of them has a desk.

"This could work," I mumble to my self.

"What could work, sir?" Says a voice behind me.

I look back and see some soldiers looking around and climbing up the ladder.

"Very nice."

"What are you doing up here!? Did I say you could come up here?! No! Go back down and do what you're supposed to do! If you have nothing to do, then find something to do!" I yell at the soldiers.

They turn on their tails and run down the ladder. I sneer after them.