Chapter 21 - Thinking

I'm back to the normal day. Stay in my room, eat in my room, stay in my room, think in my room. Except, for the fact that I have a reason to be closed off. I'm thinking. I got a cork board and have been putting pictures and clues on it. I have been deciphering the scent from the attack. Sure it was Elliott's, but there was another scent mixed with his. A human scent. By the smell I would say it is a girl that acts like a boy most of the time. Not much else. I don't know who I'm trying to kid. I can't figure much else out just by the smell. What am I thinking. I'll tell you what. I am thinking I need....some more clues. What? Most people might think I would need help, but no.

"Sir?" Manu creaks the door open slightly.

"Over here," I answer.

Manu steps in and shuts the door.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Well, sir, um, I thought, no, someone else thought," Manu stumbles.

"Just say it," I say.

"Someone is here to see you. She thought you could use some cheering up," Manu says, "She's on her way up here."

She? I wonder. On her way up? 

"Sir?" Manu says, "She wants to come in now. Should I let her?"

"Yeah. Sure," I say while still pondering who it could be.

When Manu opens the door, I recognize who it is. Holly. Holly came up to my room to visit me. Why?

"Hi," I say.

"Hi, back to you, sir," Holly says.

I see Manu slip out the door with a knowing smile.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Um, well, I thought you could use some cheering up, sir," Holly says.

Maybe she's alright I say to myself. I wouldn't know, though. I've only seen her a couple of times in my life, including now.

"I'm not sure if you recognize me, but I'm Holly from when we were attacked," she says.

"I recognize you," I say. "Why do I need cheering up again?"

She looks flustered.

"Well, I thought you would be sad that you lost your brother, Elliott. So I thought I would cheer you up!" Holly says with a smile.

I stop my thoughts about how Holly might be an alright person.

"Get out of here," I say.

Holly stops smiling.

"What?" She asks.

"You heard me. Out! Don't come up here ever again, if you know whats best for you," I yell at her as she runs from my room.

I turn back to the cork board. I will never trust a girl.