Chapter 17

Sophie saw Biana dash away. She instantly realized what she had just said to her best friend. But it wasn't the most important thing to Sophie right now. What was important was the test.  She would need to have a talk with both Fitz and Keefe.

****

"This is stupid. I don't have to choose." Sophie said, crossing her arms.

"Yes you do," Keefe and Fitz said at the same time. "'Cause if you don't-"

Keefe and Fitz both glared at each other for saying the exact same thing again.

"-Choose, then you won't be having a good husband-" Fitz and Keefe glared at each other again. 

"You guys have telepathy," Sophie chuckled. "Wow, it feels like I didn't laugh in ages." 

"So, Grady has the test prepared, since, y'know. We know you wouldn't choose." Keefe explained. 

Sophie couldn't help but ask, "So when do we start?" 

"Tomorrow," Fitz said before Keefe could reply. "Starting at 7:00 sharp." 

"Do you have  to be so precise?" Sophie asked. "I mean, it's not that important!" Sophie then wished she could stuff those words back in. This was important to Fitz and Keefe. If she said it wasn't important, then it meant she didn't care about them. "I mean, of course it is, but like, it doesn't have to be so serious, right?" 

Keefe sighed. "Foster, back when we were kids, you thought everything was serious. But now, you're not the same anymore. I just don't know what happened." 

Sophie shrugged. "Well, you're the same either. You used to be not serious. But now you are," she said. 

"True," Fitz agreed. 

Keefe shot him a look. "Well, you haven't changed, Mr. Glorious Face!" 

Fitz ignored Keefe and turned his attention to Sophie. "So, see you tomorrow, Sophie." 

Keefe nodded good-bye. "Talk to Glitterbutt for me," he said.  "I'm sure she'll miss her 'dad'!" 

Sophie rolled her eyes. "You're not Silveny's dad, Keefe." 

Fitz pulled Keefe away, and said bye one last time. "Remember, 7:00 sharp! Don't be late!"