Chapter 2

Sophie was miserable the whole week. It was lonely at when she was at the house by herself. She decided to call Dex.

"Sophie?" Dex answered.

"I just wanted to call you if everything was alright," Sophie muttered. She was nervous for what Dex might say next.

"Oh! Everything is fine. Don't worry. Everything is fine. You didn't have to check on me!" Dex said. "It's kind of awkward here since our thing on Monday. Y'know. Everything is fine, bye!"

Sophie ended the call. It was barely a call. Sophie was about to eat some Mallowmelt to calm herself down, but Grady's face appeared on her imparter. "Grady? Hi!" Sophie picked up her imparter and waved.

"Hey, buddy! How's it going?" Grady smiled.

Sophie didn't dare tell Grady about Dex. He didn't even know they were dating. "Oh, everything is fine. Don't worry! I'm not a child anymore, y'know? Everything is fine, bye!" Sophie waved good-bye. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. But Sophie was in the mood to punch herself on the face. She was about to when-

"Sophie, what on earth are you doing?" Biana appeared out of nowhere.

"Of course, it you!" Sophie rolled her eyes. "Biana, just because you're a vanisher, it doesn't mean you get to spy whenever you want!"

"I know, I know, but you seem so sad! Want to exchange dresses? Oh, wait. You don't wear pretty clothes. Never mind. Wanna exchange shoes? Oh, wait-"

"Biana! Please. I want to be left alone," Sophie mumbled quietly.

Biana scoffed. "Sophie, I wanted to be left alone when I was at Atlantis, but you kept calling me! So now, I'm going to keep you company whether you like or not!"

Sophie stood up. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a nap,"

Biana stood up too, and dusted her dress. "Well then I'm going too, since you're going," she said.

Sophie whirled around. "Biana! I said I want to be left alone! Do you not understand?"

Biana looked down. "I thought best friends were supposed to calm each other down." she said quietly.

Sophie approached Biana. "I'm sorry. It's just that..things have been so complicated with me and Dex, and I don't even know when Keefe and Fitz are coming back!"

"So you still have feelings for Fitz and Keefe?" Biana asked.

"No-...I don't know. Maybe. The last 3 years has brought me and Dex closer, and I just drifted apart from Keefe and Fitz," Sophie explained.

"They're dead," Biana muttered.

"WHAT?! FITZ AND KEEFE ARE DEAD?!" Sophie shouted.

Biana bursted into a laugh. "Of course not, silly! Did you really believe that?"

Sophie was relieved. She didn't care that Biana tricked her. At least Keefe and Fitz are safe.

Maybe they weren't safe. But Sophie was sure that Keefe and Fitz were alive.

****************************

The next morning, Biana came over to Sophie's house without an invite.

"Did you ever think of having babies?" Sophie asked.

"Of course I did! Why wouldn't I? I already have the perfect names, but I'm not telling you because you might copy," Biana replied.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I would never copy you, Biana." Sophie brought out a plate of Ripplefluffs, (Fitz's favorites) and handed them to Biana.

Biana took one, and said, "These remind me of Fitz. Ah, Remember the old times, when-"

"Remember when you were mean to me when we first met?" Sophie interrupted.

Biana rolled her eyes. "Sophie, I told you sorry like a million times! And that was 12 years ago! Forgive, forget!"

Sophie sighed, and stuffed her mouth some ripplefluffs, and thought about the old days when everyone's life was in danger. "I just wish Fitz and Keefe will come back!"

"Ohhh, these snacks are so good," Biana moaned.

"That's all you're saying? I'm about to take away the snacks!" Sophie snapped.

"Why are you so mean today?" Biana asked, mouth full of Custard Bursts. So it came out like this- " Wha ho hean hotay?"

"Sorry. I didn't understand what you just said," Sophie said. She went to the kitchen and brought back som Slumberberry tea.

"Ugh! Are you trying to drug me?" Biana asked in disgust once she swallowed her food.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "No, I'm going to drug myself. I need to sleep, but I can't with you blabbering on and on about you having to follow me," she said.

Biana gasped. "What?! But you hate getting sedated!"

"Yeah, well it's your fault I have to use it," Sophie shot Biana a glance. She was expecting Biana to go home and leave, so she wouldn't have to take the dang drug, but Biana stayed put.

"Sophie, I know you too well. You wouldn't take the drug just because of me!" Biana laughed.

Sophie wanted to prove Biana wrong. With a giant breath of air, Sophie gulped down the tea, and the last thing she heard was Biana's gasp of surprise.

*************************