chapter 6

ok so I know that this chapter is a lot shorter than the other ones (sorry about that lol) but I really couldn't figure out anything else to say hahaha but hopefully next chapter is longer. anyways hope y'all enjoy hehe ;)

*NINA POV*

When I got to my car something broke inside of me and all the anger, confusion, sadness and pain that I had been bottling up came rushing through. I just sat there and cried, I don't know how long I was sitting there but when I looked up I saw Ian stumbling out the door. He looked pretty beaten up but I couldn't tell how badly because the night masked his face from my view. I was at a crossroads with myself. Do I go and see how Ian is or do I stay in the safety of my car and just watch and make sure that he gets to his car ok. My curiosity got the best of me and soon I was making my way over to him.

"Hey!" he obviously couldn't hear me, but I could hear that he was mumbling something under his breath, he always did that when he was stressed, "Hey, Ian!"

"WHAT!?!" he yelled back "Oh Nina its just you, sorry I didn't know it was you otherwise I wouldn't have yelled."

"No it's fine, you don't have to apologize I can tell that you're stressed. I was just wondering if you were alright after you and Paul like went after each other."

"Ya sorry about that, hope I didn't scare you too much it's just that Paul was really getting on my nerves and something snapped and I lashed out. I kinda feel bad about hitting him but the things he was saying he kinda had it coming. Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'll be ok, that was the first time that I actually had a front row seat to a fight though not gonna lie it is much scarier watching two people fight knowing that they aren't acting. As for Paul, I think he was just really drunk I don't think he really meant what he was saying so don't take it too personally and plus wouldn't want some stupid fight over nothing put a divide between the great Salvatore Brothers." We both laughed at the joke and for the first time I saw that little sparkle in Ian's eyes that I had always loved.

"I'll take that into consideration, I really think he meant some of the things though but you are probably right in the sense he wouldn't have said that if he didn't drink the entire supply of bourbon at the party." An awkward tension filled the air as both him and I had no idea what to say next. Finally I mustered up the courage to start, what was probably going to be, a really awkward conversation.

"Um so about the article," I paused to see his reaction but I couldn't really see since he was looking down at the ground. "I just want to clear up the fact that I've moved on. It's been what 7 years, since then I've had multiple boyfriends and I am currently in a relationship so I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I was trying to get in between you and Nikki. I would never do that to you and hopefully you knew that but just in case you didn't...." he still hadn't replied or looked up from the ground. It was starting to annoy me, he was acting like he couldn't care less about what I was trying to tell him. "Well um if you're just gonna stand there I'm gonna go home. Bye Ian" I started to walk away but was stopped as Ian grabbed my arm.

"Nina, wait, sorry I just got caught in my thoughts. But yes I never thought that of you and just to be clear I still care about you" he paused but quickly replied with "as a friend of course. Well goodnight Nina it was nice seeing you tonight and drive safe."