chapter 3

Hey guys sorry that I haven't updated this in a while, I have been concussed and haven't been allowed on screens or technology lol. Well hope you guys enjoy!

*IAN POV*

Oh shit she actually picked up the phone. What do I do, what do I do? I start to panic but the sound of her voice on the other line immediately calms my nerves.

"Ian are you there?"

"Ya I'm here"

"Why did you call me we haven't spoken in years"

"Well I heard that you and Paul had plans the other day and it made me realize that we haven't really talked since the show ended. I was maybe wondering if you might want to grab coffee sometime this week?"

"I don't know Ian" she pauses for a long time and there was some pretty awkward silence. "It's just what will people say? I don't want to create any unnecessary drama."

"Same here. But if we do get asked we can just say that it was just two old friends catching up while getting coffee."

"Mmm ok fine. Also are you going to the party that Julie is throwing for the 11 year anniversary of the show airing? I talked to Paul and Candice and they are both going I think Joe and Ines are going as well."

"Maybe it depends on what Nikki wants to do. She's been really stressed lately about the foundation and our daughter has also been in a really cranky mood lately which is not helping."

"Well ok so maybe coffee around 2 on Wednesday. We could go to that old place that we used to go to?"

"Ya for sure. Talk to you then."

"Bye"

Ok so that was so awkward neither one of us knew what to say. The conversation was so strained and in a way uncomfortable. But if anything that conversation clarified that my feelings for Nina were purely professional and that whatever I used to feel for her is gone. But then why am I looking forward to seeing her?

*NINA POV*

I put down the phone on the nightstand and stared at the ceiling. What did I just get myself into? Coffee with my ex? The media is going to have a field day with this. And what am I going to tell Shaun? I cant just say "oh i'm going to get coffee with the former love of my life see you in an hour!" Shaun would freak, hell if my boyfriend told me that I would freak. I got pulled out of my day dream by a scratchy kiss from Shaun.

"Hey you ok? You got your serious face on."

"No nothings wrong just planning out my day." I immediately changed my facial expression, being an actor for most of my life pays off most times.

"Well ok I'm going snowboarding with a couple of my friends for a few days. I should be home by Saturday night."

"Aww do you have to go." I cuddled up closer to him, my head leaning against his chest, my eyes looking into his. "I miss having you here at night."

"I know I miss you too when I'm gone. Wait, do you maybe want to come with us? I know that you enjoy snowboarding." Oh crap do I tell him now or do I wait.

"Ugh I wish but I have a vampire diaries cast reunion later this week and I already told Paul, Candice, and Julie that I would go."

"Maybe next time then."

"Ya totally!" Well that was one way to dodge having to tell him that I'm going to have coffee with my ex. After laying there in Shaun's arms for a couple of minutes I realized that I actually had things that I had to get down and I reluctantly dragged my feet out of bed.

The next few days went by in a blur, Shaun left for his trip later that night and soon it was Wednesday morning, the day I was supposed to go to get coffee with Ian. The weather was perfect that day so I decided that I would walk to go meet up with him because I needed the extra exercise. I brought Maverick with me which ended up being a big mistake since it took me twice as long to get there than if I just left her at home. I arrived at the tiny little coffee shop and quickly spotted Ian sitting at a table towards the back of their outdoor seating. Thankfully there weren't that many people out since it was kind of overcast and it was colder than it was the past couple of days.

*IAN POV*

I arrived 10 minutes before Nina did so I got us a table closer to the back sort of out of the way to reduce the chance of people seeing us. Surprisingly when I told Nikki that I was going out to get coffee with Nina she didn't really object. Which shocked me since she got really upset when Nina came back for the series finale of TVD but granted we had to kiss in the scene.

Sitting at this table, in this coffee shop brought back so many memories from when Nina and I dated. One memory in particular was from when we just got back from Georgia after a long week of filming. We had a couple of press things to do in LA and Nina, Paul, and I were exhausted after the long flight. We went for a walk just the two of us and we came across this shop. Even though it was 7 pm we both got coffees and sat at a corner booth in the back. We sat there drinking our coffees and talking for about an hour. At one point she rested her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. The funniest thing about that was that she had already had 2 coffees at that point and STILL managed to fall asleep. Damn she could fall asleep literally anywhere at any time.

"Hey Ian" I immediately pulled myself back to reality and got up to greet Nina. I looked down and saw that she brought her dog. We then ordered our coffees and talked for about an hour or so. I actually had a great time. I forgot how funny she was and how cute her laugh is. We agreed to have coffee another time and to stay in touch in the future.

Everything was going fine until the next morning when Nikki woke me up screaming at me.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

"Wait what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about this." She shoved her phone into my face showing me a TMZ article that read "Former couple spotted at coffee shop in LA, are Ian and Nina rekindling their former romance?"