Chapter 7

When I walk inside, I'm shocked at how big the Great Room, or Eating Room as I call it, is. The ceiling is very high and somewhat arced. Dangling from the ceiling are three chandeliers. The walls are draped in lush pink fabrics. On my left side is a huge window that covers the enter side of the room. In the middle of the room is a long elegant wooden table. The table is filled from one end to another with different kinds of food. It seems that most of the girls have arrived because they all turn to stare at me when I walk in.

        On the end farthest away from me is where the royal family sits. King Rider and Queen Isabelle, I think that's their names, sit at the end of the table, side by side. Daxton sits on their right and a girl, I'm guessing she's the princess, sits on their left. Beside Daxton is James. There's a seat between James and a girl. Thankfully, that girl is Alexa. They see me at the same time and wave for me to sit with them. I quickly sit down and the silence is filled with conversations once more.

        "Good morning," James says and I nod as I search the table for something to eat. 

        "Is there cereal?" I ask and James laughs.

        "Did you really expect cereal to be at a royal breakfast?" he asks.

        "I really wanted some Reeses Puffs," I say and Alexa laughs.

        "Yeah, I could do for some Lucky Charms," she says and I nod.

        "Guess, I'll have to settle for fruit," I sigh and fill my plate different assortments of fruit.

        "Do you not like fruit?" Daxton says and me, James, and Alexa turn to him surprised.

        "What? Is it against the rules for me to talk to them?" he asks James.

        "No but you haven't been introduced to it's rude," James explains.

        "Fine, I'm Prince Daxton Cambridge," Dax says and James shakes his head. Behind me, I hear Alexa giggle.

        "They already know who you are," James says.

        "I doubt that," Daxton mutters.

        "What are you talking about?" James asks. Daxton's eye's flash to mine and I turn to face Alexa.

        "So where are you from?" I ask her.

        "Alabama. You?" she wonders.

        "South Carolina," I smile.

        "What was your life like, you know before this?" she giggles.

        "Boring," I say.

        "It couldn't be that boring," she says.

        "It was. I had no friends and no social life. My bestfriend was my sister. How about you?" I ask changing the subject.

        "I have a little brother," she starts but I tune her out. Okay, I know it's mean but I want to eavesdrop on Dax and James.

        "You met one of the girls last night," James says.

        "Yes, I did," Dax whispers.

        "And she didn't know your name?" James laughs.

        "Surprisingly, no."

        "So, who was she?" James whispers.

        "I'm not telling you. It could get all three of us in trouble."