Chapter 15

"Miss," Cecily starts while their getting me ready.

        "Yes, Cecily?"

        "I know it isn't my place to ask, but what on earth was the prince doing in your room?" she asks and I laugh, ducking my head.

        "After I was asleep last night, he came saying he wanted to talk to me. He looked tired so I told him he could lay on the bed until he was finished talking. Yeah, we both kind of fell asleep in the middle of the conversation. Nothing happened though," I assure them and they break out into grins.

        "Miss, you're going to make a wonderful princess," Josee says and I smile.

        "But you don't know if I'm going to win. I'm pretty sure the prince only likes me as a friend," I tell them but they smile and shake their heads.

        "Miss, if he doesn't pick you, then theirs something wrong with him. You're beautiful, sweet, caring, kind. All the things that a princess needs," Courtney says and I blush.        

        "Anyways, you need to go to breakfast," Cecily says and I'm pushed out my door.

        In the Eating Room, Daxton's already there. I sit in the seat I sat in last night. James isn't there so there's a gap between Daxton and I. I glance over at him and see him already staring at me. Biting the corner of my lip, I blush. I'm about to say something to him when my family sits down.

        "Goodmorning Camry," my mom says and I nod.

        "How did you sleep?" she asks. I know she's only making small talk but I blush.

        "Pretty good," I squeak out.

        "What's the matter?" she demands.

        "Nothing," I shake my head. If my mom knew what happened, she'd have a cow.

        "There you are," James says, filling in the seat between Daxton and I.

        "Where were you this morning? I went to your room, but you weren't there," James says. I turn away from him.

        "I was busy," Daxton answers.

        "No, you weren't. I checked your study and your fathers; you weren't in either of them. So where were you?" James asks.

        "Walking around the palace," Daxton says and James shakes his head.

        "No, I asked many of the guards and they said they they last time they saw you, you were heading to the third floor," James says, lifting an eyebrow.

        "James, this is none of your business," Daxton says.

        "What are you guys talking about?" I lean over and whisper.

        "Nothing," Daxton says. At the same time James says, "Daxton wasn't in his room."

        "And why does that concern you?" I ask.

        "Because, everyday we go to breakfast together," James says.

        "Everyday?"

        "Yes, even if he works late in his fathers study," James says.

        "What time do you wake him up?" I ask.

        "7:30," he says. Crap. My maids woke us up at eight.

        "Oh," I shrug and turn back to my food.