Chapter 23

I wake up to my maids playing with Princess.       

        "Shut up," I groan and they laugh.

        "Miss, I think you need to take Princess out," Cecily says. Crap, I hadn't thought of that. What was I supposed to do when she needed to go to the bathroom?

        "But the nobody else is allowed to see her," I say.

        "We know. That's why we've made you this coat. It's huge and furry and has an inside pocket that will hold Princess," Josee says while Courtney holds up a long white furred coat.

        "Thank you, ladies," I yawn.

        I quickly put on a bra and then they help me slip on the jacket.

        "And Princess goes here," Cecily says, putting Princess in the little pocket.

         I slip on some flats and then make my way downstairs. I can't take her out of the palace walls...but I can take her in the garden. Two guards block the entryway to the garden. I go to walk out but they stop me.

        "No one's allowed outside till after breakfast," one of them says.

        "Really? Because the prince told me I go out there anytime I like," I lie.

        They aren't convinced.

        "The prince didn't tell us this so we can't let you outside," they say.

        "Would you like me to go get the prince?" I say. I hope this'll just scare them into letting me pass but these two guards are smart.

        "Yes, miss, we would," they call my bluff. I'm a little shocked but recover quickly.

        "Very well," I turn on my heel and make my way up to the fifth floor. As I start up the stairs, I hear one of the guards call after me.

        "I don't think the prince will be very happy that you woke him up," one of them says.

        "He'll probably send you home," the other yells.

        I hear them both snickering as I go up to the fifth floor.

        "I need to see Princess Rose," I command and they nod.

        One of the guards breaks off and I follow him to Rose's room. I thank him and then go inside where I find Rose asleep. I walk over to her bed.

        "Rose," I sing while shaking her.

        "Rose, wake up," I shake her harder.

        "Wha?" she opens her eyes, sitting up.

        "I need to take Princess out," I say.        

        "Okay but that doesn't explain why you're in my room at 6:00 in the morning," she says and my eye's go wide.

        6:00 in the morning? I had no idea.

        "The guards wouldn't let me take her out to the gardens and I threatened to get Daxton but that didn't change their minds so now I'm up here and I need you to come with me to show me his room so I can get him," I say this all in one breath.

        "Fine," she grumbles.

        She rolls out of her bed and grabs a robe that was on a chair.