Chapter 13

The rest of the week passes in a blur. I have the same routine every day. Get up, take a bath, get dressed, go back to my room, get dressed for lunch, go to lunch, go back to my room, hang out with Alexa and Rose, get ready for dinner, go to dinner, go to bed. The only exciting thing that has happened is Daxton going on dates with some of the other girls. Which is only exciting for them. This morning, Charlotte announced that every month we are here, our families may visit us once. Many of the girls were excited about that and wanted to see their families tomorrow. Charlotte decided it'd be best if all of our families came tomorrow and that's exactly what they are doing. Now I lie in bed, excitement coursing through my veins. I'm going to see my family tomorrow. I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. I toss and turn for what seems like forever before I finally get up and decide to sit on the balcony. The cool air kisses my arms and I shiver.

When I got selected, I never would have thought I would be grateful for it. I have four wonderful friends who do anything for me...at least I hope they would. I thought Daxton would be stuck up, rude, and mean. But instead he's humble, sweet, and kind. I mean, he did get me that beautiful journal. The journal! I had forgotten all about it. I go back inside and throw the cushin off the couch. There, underneath, lies my beautiful journal and pen that I haven't wrote anything in. I go back to my bed, bring my journal with me. I open the gorgeous book. After thinking for a second, I write:

A Happy Ending would be:

Finding someone to love me forever. He would love me at worst and always be there for me. We would get married and find a small quaint house out in the country. We would have two kids that we would homeschool. One girl and one boy. They would be bestfriends with their cousins. My husband and I would grow old together. And if I died, he know that I just went to heaven to wait for him. And once he died, we'd be reunited.

I finish writing my little fantasy, smiling. I close the book and put it, with the pen, in a drawer by my nightstand. I lie down and fall asleep with dreams of a happy ending.

**********

The next day is very hectic. We were told that our parents would arrive around one, which meant sometime after lunch. While my maids get me dressed, I remember something I've been wanting to ask them.

"Ladies, would it be any trouble to make me a pair of shorts?" I ask and they all look stunned.

"As pajama's?" I say and seeming to understand, they nod.

"They will be ready tonight, miss," Cecily says. I thank them and leave for breakfast.

The Eating Room is buzzing with excitement. All of the girls are talking about their familes or what they're going to show them.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet your family," Rose exclaims once I've sat down.

"I can't wait to meet your either," I joke and she laughs.

"Camry, if your families anything like you, we're all going to hide," Daxton says.

"Oh, shut up," I joke and everyone laughs.

"I really can't wait to see my family," Alexa says joining us.

"I know, it seem's like I haven't seen them in months," I say and she nods.

"How long are they staying?" Alexa asks Rose.

"They stay stay one week every month," she replies as we all finish our breakfast. On my way out, someone grabs my arm.

"Camry," Daxton says and I turn around.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna hang out till lunch?" he asks.