Chapter 13: A Laughable Run

Chapter 13

Lori

The morning came and I got up early to have my bagel. I got dressed right after in my blue shorts and black fitted running top. I got my iPod from its charging place and I plugged it in to my earphones. It was seven already and I was finishing my warm up when the doorbell rang.

I walked over to it to find Jace stretching out his left leg in a flamingo way.

“Ready?” He asked.

“Let’s see how well you run.” I taunted.

“You’d be surprise how well I can run.” Jace said smugly.

“Okay then. Let’s hope you can keep up to my pace.” I said.

I closed the door and we began to run. At first I was the one behind but that was because I was going at my pace. Then, after a while, Jace began to slow down and he was breathing hard. I stopped and he did too, holding himself up with his hands propped up on his knee.

“Okay,” He panted.

“You obviously like running.” He was breathing hard now.

“Haha. I told you.” I smiled.

He got up and almost tripped. This reminded me of when Damon tripped.

“Whoa there. You should really take it slow on the running.” I chuckled.

We decided to walk back home instead of run. And it was a good decision because we got to know each other a bit more.

“Where do you go to school?” Jace asked.

“I go to the school back where I came from.” I said.

“Oh you don’t go here?” I shook my head.

“That’s a shame, would have been nice if you did.” He smiled.

“Well I can’t just move schools right before finals.” I told him.

“And as much as I want to move, I can’t.” I added.

“Why do you want to move?”

I felt like I was telling my problems to everyone I met. But this was no different so I told him the whole story either way. This time, I didn’t cry or feel a lot of anger. I just felt acceptance. I accepted that it happened and that maybe Victor and I just weren’t meant to be.

“How could she do that?” He asked, voice filled with concern.

“I don’t know. But it’s the fact that they’ve done it before. Behind my back.” I said sadly.

“Hey don’t think about it too much. People are just mean. Don’t let them get to you.”

“I guess. But it still hurts to know the truth about things.” I told him.

“Enough of this sad stuff. I want to be your friend. Let me treat you to some ice cream.” Jace smiled widely.

“Alright then. That’ll be nice. You could be my first neighbor and friend.” I smiled back.

…………………………………………………..

Jace told me many funny things that happened in his life. Each time he mentioned something embarrassing happening to him, I would burst out laughing. Meeting Jace was probably an upside to what has happened to me. Well, along with Drew, but sometimes I feel Drew would much rather be with someone else.

But maybe it’s just me.

When we saw my new house, also saw, Drew. He was knocking at the door and had roses in his left hand.