Chapter 24: All is Unwell

Chapter 24

Lori

"J-Jared, what are you doing here?" I coudn't look at Jared.

"Lori. How are you?" He said with a smug tone. This is when I decided to look up at him. He didn't look like the friendly Jared I knew. Honestly he looked mean.

"I'm f-fine Jared. Look now's not the ti-" He closed the door harshly and stooped down to me.

"You really were annoying." Jared said in a vicious tone. He pushed me out of my wheel chair and I fell down against the floor. I tried to get up but with my left side, I couldn't.

He kneeled beside me and chuckled at me. He started to stroke my cheek but I flinched away.

"You know, Drew would have gotten out of his deal early back before we went on winter break. Locker 289? That day should have been your last. Maeve didn't do such a good job of it. But I thank her for it. Because now I can make you suffer." He chuckled before coming face to face with Drew.

"As for you." He pulled out a gun and pointed it at Drew.

"NO!" I shouted.

"Jared, You don't want to do that." Drew said calmly.

"No no. Don't worry Drew. You're coming with me willingly. Because if you don't, I'll blow your head out right here." He said, mocking a tone of playfulness.

"Lori. I told you right?" Drew looked at me with hard eyes. I knew what he was talking about. I also knew that he wouldn't leave me unprotected.

I gave him a subtle nod as Jared pointed at the door, leading Drew first. Jared followed him before her turned around.

"I'll be back for you Sweetness." He chuckled and closed the door.

I laid on the floor, crying. Jared just came by and pointed a gun to my boyfriend. All my friends are probably held at the place where Drew is going.

I don't how long I waited on the floor. I tried everything I could to get up but I only managed to lay flat on my back. Then I heard knocking on my door.

"Hello? Lori?" He burst the door and looked around before looking at me.

"Hey Reagan." I said, looking up from the floor.

"He pushed you over didn't he?" Reagan asked in a soft tone.

"Yeah." I replied as Reagan picked me up and placed me back in my chair.

"Do you have any idea where he might be?" Reagan asked.

"Nope. Nothing." I said placing my face in my right hand.

But then I had a perfect idea! Jared said he was coming back for me. What if I acted as bait...

"Reagan!" I shouted, making him flinch.

"What, what's wrong?" He asked, worried.

"I'll be bait!"

"Huh? What are you saying?"

"Well, Jared said he's coming back for me, why don't I stay unprotected, but really you're just watching him and me discreetly. When Jared leaves, you follow. And we'll find the hiding spot and you could call the police and bust Jared!" I was as giddy as a little girl who got candy. I really like my idea!

"No." Reagan said flatly. crushing my giddy feeling.

"But, but it's perfect. And it'll work! Why not?" I was watching him with wide eyes, an expression of shock on my face.