Chapter 20: A Help From the Unknown

Chapter 20

Drew

"C'mon man, Time is ticking, A whole time she's been in the hospital was perfect for you to do your part and get out of this deal but you still haven't broken her heart. What's wrong, fallen in love now?" Jared said in a mean playful way.

"You have haven't you? Man this make this blackmailing thing more fun! Now you have to hurry up and break her heart." He chuckled.

"Why do you hate her so much!?" I asked, annoyed and angry.

"It's not in our deal to discuss why I hate her so much. All I can say is that I hate her so much." Jared said, crossing his arms.

"Well you're fucked up. She's an awesome girl! And she's your supposed best friend! How can you be such a sick fuck and blackmail to hurt her more!" I saw that my words angered him.

He walked over to me and punched me. I was taken by surprise and I fell to the floor. When I got up, he kneed my in the face, making me fall over again.

"One wrong move, phrase or anything from you and I could turn this video in." He threatened.

"But don't worry Drew, once you do your part, I promise that I will never be in your way again." He said before turning away. I was propped up on my knees and hands. My whole face was burning with the agonizing pain that I received from his punches.

I got up and I felt something warm and sticky on my upper lip. I brought my fingertips to the source and they were painted red when I pulled back my hand to see my fingers. He best hope not to give me a broken nose.

I wiggled my nose slightly just to find out that it was only sore, not broken. I walked from the park to the hospital that was near it, using the loose end of my shirt to wipe away the trickling blood. As I entered, I saw Jace leaving Lori's room. His expression was that of an angered one. But he stopped dead in his tracked and casually hid behind the wall.

He was watching the nurse that came out and as soon as she left, he quickly walked over to Lori's door and slipped into her room. The hell is he doing... with my girlfriend?!

Wait, could I possibly still be her boyfriend? I mean she knew about the whole blackmail thing so where did that leave us? Did she still like me? I know that I more than like her but since it was all fake, would she actually consider being with me again?

Jace was in there for a pretty long time and I began to wonder what he's up to. I began to walk over to her room when Jace came out and shut the door, looking defeated. Something happened in there and I needed to know now.

"Jace, what are you doing?" I asked guarded.

"I'm done trying. She's all yours." He said before walking off.

That was really weird. What does he mean 'done trying'? Did it mean that he told Lori he loved her? Did she turn him down? I won't lie, that did get my hopes up. But I have to see if Lori's okay.

The hospital now looked deserted except for the few visiting people. Even though there weren't that many people I still looked around and hoped no one saw me as I walked into what I thought was her room.

"Meredith? Is that you?" I heard a wheezy voice from behind me.

Did she get a cold from here too? And who's Meredith? I turned around to see nothing. It was pitch black in here. I smacked the wall with my hand hoping to find the light switch. It took me about a few long seconds until I finally felt the switch.

When I turned on the light, I was expecting, Lori, honey brown hair and all. Not some old guy who probably wished he had hair!

"Erm, sorry mister. I thought this was my," I stopped to think what I could call Lori.