Chapter 3: Running to Forget

Chapter 3

"Lori?" I heard someone whisper.

I sprung upwards and saw Damon looking at me with worried eyes. I hope I kept my face expressionless because that's what I want.

"Are you okay?" He went to hug me but I got up from my bed on the other side where he wasn't standing.

"Yeah. Totally fine. Swell. I'm going for a run." I announced.

"Sis. You're no-" He started but I cut him off.

"Out. I'm going to change." I said.

"But Lo-" He began.

"OUT." I said fiercely.

He huffed and got out. I got my shorts and tank and I warmed up. I pulled my hair up and I began to step outside. On my way out, I saw Maeve stepping out of her room and when I glared at her she put her head down.

I acted cold to everyone. I didn't care.

"Hun, where are you going?" My father asked.

"Running." I simply replied.

"But it's raining. I think you should stay in." He said concerned.

"All the better that it's raining." I said sarcastically.

I grabbed my warm running sweater and I stepped outside in my Nikes.

"Some rain." It was raining steadily.

I put my hoodie on and slipped on my headphones from underneath and I began my run. I cranked the volume on my iPod so I blocked out everything.

It felt so good to run. I was releasing all that negative energy with each step. I was on my fourth block when I felt the presence of someone next to me.

I turned my head slightly to the right to see that it was Victor. He thinks that this will get my attention? He is very wrong. I scoffed as I made a sharp left turn making him go straight then stop. I ran faster, not tired in the least. The faster I ran the harder it was for him to catch up. I was the runner in our relationship.

He didn't catch up but I still ran faster as I went 3 more blocks.

...........................................................................

I went back home, drenched but hot because of my pace. When I entered my house, I ignored everyone. I was just listening to my music, not to my scolding parents or a worried Damon. I stepped up the stairs quickly and grabbed my warmest clothes. I took a long shower, letting the hot water relieve my tense muscles.

I got out and dressed in sweats and a black shirt. I didn't want my hair wet so I blow dried it. I pulled it up in a bun and I stepped out. I went down stairs and grabbed food. After every run I had, I was always hungry. But I got the good stuff.

"Lorelie Michelle Adams! What made you think you could run out in the rain?!" My mother asked.

"I needed to run. I can't miss a day you know that mom. I have to go. Laters." I told her as I went upstairs and locked myself in my room again.

"Lori, please talk to me." Damon's voice scared me.

"What the hell are you doing in here!?" I asked angrily.

"I'm your TWIN brother. Don't think you can just shut me out like that. I am here for you. And trust me, I'm just as angry as you are." Damon said seriously.

"Fine. I walked in on my ex-boyfriend with our SISTER. Don't you think that's quite a sight to see? Well anyways, I only gave myself one night to cry. And I realized love isn't for me." I said tapping my chin.