Chapter 4 Part 1

New cover coming soon! Look forward to it!
≿————- ❈ ————-≾

The tension in the air thickened. Molly made it so Forge's video call was on the TV screen so he could see all of us. I just felt intimidated by him.

"Well?" Forge asked. "After the toxins turned Ms. McGrath and our friend Sydney into zombies, they went to attack Max and I. I suddenly felt something and then a shield appeared protecting us." I said.

"And when I told Y/n to find somewhere to hide, she refused and insisted on staying with me. Especially since she was already suspicious about me." Max continued. "I had a good reason. You shorted out my controller and I saw those blue sparks. I also heard you talking to yourself and heard you mention Steel's name. I was confused but now I'm wondering about myself." I said.

"Do you three know how Y/n got this power?" Molly asked. We shook our heads. Forge sighed then looked back up. "Bring her in for testing then. Maybe Berto can get us an answer. Forge out." He says ending the call.

"Guess you get to stay in the loop." Max says. "Ha ha. We don't know how this'll end but if we could get a hold of my dad, maybe he could tell us. Or just me, at least." I said.

"You two head out. If Y/n's mom asks me where you are, I'll tell her that Max wanted to take you to somewhere special." Molly says. 'I swear, both of our moms are trying to push us together. Especially now that I know Max's secret.' I thought.

"Okay. We'll see you in a bit. Love you Mom." Max says. I follow Max to an alleyway and he stops for Steel to come out. "Go Turbo! Flight!" Max says transforming. Turning to me, he held out his hand. "Ready?" He asked.

I felt a light blush appear on my face but nodded taking his hand into my own. Max pulls me in close and soon we're flying out of the city towards the canyons. "Wow. This is amazing." I said checking out the view. "I'm actually glad that you know about Steel and I. That day at school during lunch, you talking about how someone would figure out my identity did scare Steel and I. Steel even suggested that we brought you to N-Tek to be questioned." Max says.

"She sounded like she was planning on finding us. I was only trying to protect our identity." Steel says. "Even if I didn't get this power, I probably would've found out sooner rather than later. I had the thought of protecting Max before I knew he was Max Steel. But I'd still protect him either way." I said.

"I can protect myself, thank you very much." Max says. I sighed but as we landed, I noticed how the top of a canyon spike dissipated as Max got closer. Once inside, we land in front of Forge and three other people.

"Hey uncle Ferrus." Max says nervously. "Bring her to the holo-sim. I want to know what she's capable of before we proceed." Forge says. My eyes widened. "I can't fight like Max. I don't have the training that he's done." I blurted out.

"Don't worry about that. These simulations will give us a good idea where you're at. Since you activated your power recently, I might be able to trace its origins. Do you know if anyone in your family has your ability?" A guy about two years older than Max and I asked.

"We think Y/n's dad might know something." Max says. "All we know is that he was trying to protect me from something." I added. "I'll see what I can dig up. For now, let's get you in the sim." He says. "Hey Berto, can Steel and I watch from the observation deck?" Max asked. "Sure. Just don't touch anything." Berto says.