Chapter 3 Part 2

Just gonna say that when I finish writing a chapter with more than 1 part, I'll upload them back to back. Especially with how long they get. Hope you enjoy!

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

After we find me a helmet in the room, Max and I ran down the hall as Max spoke out loud to Steel. "Hey machine man, Sydney and Mom are zombies. Where are ya?" Max asked. "Y/n and I are on our way." Max says. I couldn't hear what Steel was saying but him hearing my name must have been something. "Don't worry. She's special, just like us." Max says while leading us to a maintenance chute on the left. He opens it up and we hop through and down in the middle of a horde and some gas.

"Thanks for dropping in." I heard come from a floating thing. "Thanks for having me. Y/n, shield." Max says. I listened and put one up as Max glanced towards who I'm now realizing is Steel. "Shall we?" He asked. "Let's." Steel replied. "Go Turbo!" Max says. My shield kept me from flying off like the zombies. I looked up towards Max and saw his outfit changed. I let my shield down and got to his side.

"That's better." He says as zombies came towards us. I had picked up a broken metal rod on our way so I used it to defend myself while Max punched and kicked. I kicked some off of myself as they tried to scratch me, but I used my shield to push them away. I soon turned my attention to Max who had a zombie on top of him. "Max!" I said.

"That's not such a bad idea. Come on, off." Max says as more piled on top of him. "Y/n, get your shield ready." Max says. I instantly got it up as I heard Steel. "On, off. Make up your mind already." Steel says. "Now nice and easy. We don't want to hurt them or Y/n. Turbo Pulse!" Max says.

Through my shield, I watched blue push the zombies away from Max and Steel. With large thuds, the zombies were down and I came over to Max. "You okay?" He asked. "Me? You had a bunch of zombies on you. I was doing fine with my new shield power." I said.

Because Steel was still out from the pulse, his eye stared at me then went to Max. "You told her about us? Do you know how much trouble we'll be in for letting someone find out?" Steel asked. "She insisted on staying by my side. Besides, her shields are nice to have for defense." Max comments.

"Besides that, why don't we finish the job?" I butted in. Max nods and Steel returns to Max's chest, making a helmet appear over his head and face. "Let's go plug that leak." He says. We continue running while following Steel's directions to get to Xander's lab.

We get to the lab and Max motions to me to stay quiet. "Let Steel and I handle him. If things get bad, use your shield to help us out. Got it?" He whispered so quiet. I nodded and stayed in place as Max showed himself.

"Dr. Xander, what do you think you're doing here?" Max asks while he and Steel folded their arms. "This is my lab, where else would I be. What are you doing here, whoever you are?" Xander asked as I watched Max and Steel go down and turn off the machine sending the toxins throughout the building.

"You've toxically poisoned everyone in this building." Max says as Xander walks backwards with his fishbowl and Max walking towards him to get his point across. "Everyone? Excellent." Xander says. Max held out his hand towards Xander. "Hand over the antidote Xander." He says.

"I don't think I will." He says before slipping on a helmet on the floor. I sighed quietly while shaking my head. 'And this is why you watch where you're going and make sure its clean.' I thought while watching the fish soar into the drain.