Chapter 7

I was pretty content the next few days. I had a date with Max and Butch was helping me plan it. After explaining to Max and my mom that Butch was just a brother figure, I was cleared to continue hanging out with him. My mom especially was glad when I told her that Max asked me out on a date. She squealed in joy. And instantly, we were planning. Butch joined on my mom's day off to plan out the date activities.

It was actually convenient that Max had to head out with N-Tek for a mission. Because when he got back, I'll be taking him on our date.

And with the two supporters I had, they eventually sent me away. Apparently now it was a surprise for both Max and I. Butch basically said he'll text me once I let him know Max was back from his trip.

Mom and Butch thought Max left to help out his uncle build a fence. I made that up on the spot. Max and Steel didn't really tell me what the mission was, to be completely honest. But I was curious about it.

And because I had nothing better to do, I called Max.

"Y/n, we're kind of busy right now!" Max stated. His side sounded pretty rough, and almost like he was getting thrown around. "Tell me where you are and I'll swing by to help. You sound like you need help." I pressed.

"Nope! Steel and I can do this ourselves. Besides, you don't have anything to conceal your identity with. Can't let Dredd or Extroyer know who you are." Max added quickly. My face contorted at the thought of seeing Dredd again.

"Actually, you're right. I don't want to see Dredd yet." I responded. "How long until I can see you again?"

Max's laugh brought a grin to my face. "It's been two days. A lot has kept me busy. I still have homework to do for school." He chuckled. "Then hurry up and get your butt over here. I'm lonely and I want you." I pouted.

"Sorry to interrupt your love story but, Max and I need to stop a Turbo powered rocket before it destroys the city." Steel states. "I'll come over later Y/n!" Max stated, ending the call.

I glanced up and saw Max flying after said rocket. Sighing, I make my way back home.

And arriving home, I find my mom on call with my dad. And they didn't even hear me when I came in. But I decided to listen because I'm a curious teenager.

"F/n, I'm not sure she's ready. Things have been crazy in the city since she started going to public school. And she finally got a boyfriend. Molly and I have been pushing the two together since we met. Though, I feel like I'm missing something." Mom frowned.

My dad's face on her tablet screen made him look like he wanted to say something. "M/n, you know how Y/n gets when she finally does something herself. If there's a special reason for her to keep it from us, all we can do is wait. Besides, I'll be coming home sooner than I realized. Being repositioned in Copper Canyon got approved by my commander. I'll let you know when I'm on my way in the next week or two. Tell her that I love her." He states.

My mom silently nods while waving to my dad. And before his screen flickered off, I saw the brief color of green and white in his background.

Instantly, I raced out the door and towards N-Tek. I was greeted by Max and Steel, just landing outside of the base. "Y/n? What are you doing here? We were just about to head home." Max stated.