Epilogue

Dear Diary,

I didn't know I could love life like this ever before. As a teenager, life was exciting and I looked for the adventure in everything. I was spontaneous, and crazy, and thrill-seeking. But, as I've grown older, I've learned that life isn't just the big, crazy events. It's the little moments as well. The little pieces of the puzzle that bring the entire picture together in one single screenshot of beauty. Sure, sometimes the pieces go missing and you get angry because your kid threw the puzzle piece to the dog and she chewed it up, but as I look back on my puzzle, the imperfections made it so much better.

Now, to tell the story.

After graduating from high school at the LSFC, Ferb was accepted to a bigger college program at Oxford at Cambury, on an engineering/science scholarship. Me, I went my own way, and found my passion in baking. I discovered my love of pastry, and after applying to a professional culinary school in France, I ended up moving on my own for a few years.

Ferb and I continued our relationship, but it was more long distance than anything. We spent a weekend together every month or so, depending on how busy his classes were, but lucky for us, it must have been written in the stars because it all worked out. He graduated with a bachelor's degree 4 years later and applied for a job back home in Danville, and was hired. By this time, I already had my license and didn't know what to do. I was looking to start my own business, but nothing ever worked out, since France is already jam-packed with bakeries.

When he told me about the job, I flipped out with excitement, and we both moved back to Danville, this time to stay. Isabella and I made plans to open our own bakery together, and after about a year of searching and planning, we finally reached opening day and opened the Fireside Girl's Patissiere, and it seems to be a big hit! We also sponsored the Fireside Girls troop 46231, which is now led by Melissa and the previous Lil' Sparks.

Ferb worked in the engineering position for a year before he quit and worked with Phineas, and they decided to open a theme park with all of their previous creations. It was a huge hit, and they made a lot of money off of it.

By this time, we were all 22 or 23, and Ferb finally got his stuff together and proposed. He didn't make a huge deal of it like I thought, he actually recommended a book and at the end of every chapter, he put a little compliment so that I would feel motivated to read it. When I reached the final chapter, I was expecting another 'your eyes are brighter than the stars' or 'I love you more than Baljeet loves math,' but instead, it had 4 simple words that changed my life forever.

You can guess what 4 words those are, because, if you met us now, you'd know us as the big, crazy family with four kids that are just as creative as their father and just as crazy as their mother.

Our oldest, Camille, was born just 2 years after we got married, followed immediately by our son, Baldwin, and after a bit of a gap, Ferb Jr. and Ember came along, fairly recently. Now, at the age of 35, we're all living happily, still in Danville, and even though our lives are a rollercoaster, we're sticking together with love (and peanut butter), and I wouldn't have it any other way.

With all of the crazy inventions Phineas and Ferb have worked with not only our kids, but Phineas and Isabella's, it's a wonder our houses are still intact, but I guess the mysterious force works in our favor.

I guess it's just about the time spent together.

-Emma Fletcher