The Potions Master

Harry, Ron and Hermione entered the dark, damp potions room. It was located in the dungeons. An odd place for a classroom if you asked Harry. They took seats near the front. Ron whined at Hermione and Harry dragged him to seats near the teacher. Harry pulled out some parchment and a quill. A breeze blew past as a tall man in all black robes walked past them. The shutters slammed shut.

   "Their will be no wand waving or silly incantations in this classroom. I can teach you brew love, to bottle death-" he froze, Harry was writing notes. "Though, perhaps some of you possess abilities that exempt you from paying attention!"

Severus slapped the desk in front of Harry. Harry's head shot up, he eyed Severus with his piercing green eyes.

  "Tell me Potter, what would I get with an infusion of asphodel and wormwood?" Severus asked

Harry smirked. His cocky little grin reminded Severus of a man he despised.

  "Are you speaking of drought of living death?" Harry asked, cocking his head to the side "I did study over the summer, Professor. After all, you know my guardian."

  Severus glared.

"Arrogance will get you nowhere, Potter." Severus snapped "two points to Gryffindor for the answer and five from Gryffindor for your blatant insolence."

Harry glared at Severus' back as he began to write instructions on the board. He had something special planned for him.

A/N: and so it begins