Number 4 Private Drive

Minerva McGonnagall sat on the wall outside of Number 4 Private Drive , awaiting the arrival of Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter.
"It seems like I'll be doing a lot of waiting on little Mr. Potter for the next sixteen years." Minerva thought sadly
Suddenly, the lights flickered and went out.
"Hello Minerva, I should have known you'd be here."
Minerva walked swiftly up to the Headmaster of Hogwarts and resisted the urge to embrace him.
"Where's the boy?" She asked "Is he?"
"Harry Potter is alive and well. Hagrid is bringing him."
"Hagrid? Albus are you sure about that?"
"I would trust Hagrid with my life."
Minerva quieted her fears just as a motorcycle roared as it came into few.
"Hagrid." Minerva breathed, slowly recognizing the bike
"Young Sirius Black lent me the bike." Hagrid said "Best be getting it back to him."
"Merlin, what did Sirius do?" Minerva thought in horror
Hagrid left and the two professors continued walking to the muggle household.
"Albus, are you sure about this. Leaving him here with these muggles? I've watched them all day, they're horrid, they know nothing of our world!"
"That is exactly why Harry belongs here."
"This child will be famous. Every child in the world will know his name!"
"And he needs to grow up away from all of it. Being loved before he's even begun to live."
Minerva clucked her tongue and stopped Albus from placing the small child on the Dursley's doorstep.
"You're going to give James, Lily, Sirius, Remus and Peter's boy to these people?" She hissed quietly "Fine, you don't want him to grow up spoiled, revered and rotten? Give him to me. I'll raise him and he'll know he's no bloody more special or important than the other children."
"Minerva, I couldn't ask you to do that." Albus said
"You're not asking, I'm demanding." Minerva hissed again "I'll raise him, Albus."
Albus gave in.
"Alright but you must allow me to ward your home."
"Once I return to my home you may ward it. " She agreed taking the small child from Albus' hands. "I'll see you once you return to the school."
And with that, Minerva McGonagall and the last remaining Potter disappirated from Private Drive.