THE DOG'S RETURN

Sirius walked proudly into Hogwarts and smiled broadly at his home. 

  "Sirius." Minerva said "Come with me." 

 Sirius obediently followed his former professor into her office. Sirius smiled at the worn out werewolf that was his only remaining best friend, Remus Lupin. 

  "So, you've decided to grace us with your presence," Remus Joked weakly 

"The world needs something appealing to look at," Sirius replied with a sad grin

The cries of an infant stopped the young men's friendly banter and Sirius turned towards Minerva's sleeping quarters. 

  "Harry?" He asked

 "Padfoo!" Baby Harry squealed, grabbing the stuffed black dog and offering it to Sirius. "Moo-ey!" 

Sirius smiled and scooped Harry up in his arms. warmth spread through the room  as for once in the last few days, Harry smiled and giggled instead of screaming for his mum and dad. Sirius laughed gleefully as Harry tugged on his hair and snuggled into the small of his neck. Remus smiled at the pair and looked at Minerva who stood in the doorway, attempting to hide the tears rolling down her cheeks. 

  "Are you alright?" Remus asked quietly. 

 "Hm?" Minerva asked, hurriedly wiping the tears away "Oh yes, I'm just realizing that in ten years I'll have another James Potter running these halls."

  "Imagine how I feel. Sirius is Harry's godfather. I've got to stay with them and make sure Sirius doesn't accidentally kill Harry or vice versa." Remus joked

 "All too true, Remus." Minerva laughed quietly "It is good to see him. It really is." 

 "Sirius or Harry?" Remus asked

 "Sirius." Minerva rolled her eyes

"It is." Remus smiled "He's my favorite dog."