Sorry (Kokosorarobi/Kokoro Mitsume x Sora x Emma Magorobi)

(Warnings: spoilers for chapter 2 and the members of Void!)

It had been a couple days since Kokoro had fallen unconscious at the concert and been diagnosed with an endemic disease. Students had been taking turns delivering her meals, but Sora was going there for another reason.

She and Emma had both been in a relationship with Kokoro since the first island, and she had to console Emma all night after the actress had tucked Kokoro into bed after her faint at the concert. Emma kept blaming herself while Sora sat on her lap and tried to soothe the actress.

Now, Sora was going over to her room to give her some happiness while she was suffering from the disease. Ringing the doorbell, she waited for Kokoro to unlock it. There was no sign of the door unlocking. Sora frowned and pressed her handbook to the scanner, unlocking it herself. Emma had upgraded her handbook so she could get into their rooms, claiming she stole that technology from Mikado.

Opening the door, Sora was shocked when she saw nobody in the bed. After all, Kokoro had said that the disease had made her unable to walk, right? She didn't bother closing the door behind her and searched the room top to bottom for any trace of the psychologist. Unfortunately, she found no sign of her.

Sora sighed, realizing that all searching did instead of calling for help was make her thirsty. She went over to the fridge that each room had, knowing that Kokoro had been keeping energy drinks with her despite what Hajime had said. Sora grew depressed thinking about him and opened the fridge door.

Sora looked inside before gasping and recoiling. Inside the fridge was Kokoro in her underwear, tied up with her body slowly turning blue, some parts of her already that colour. "Kokoro!" She shouted, reaching out to touch her ice-cold skin.

Inside, Kokoro stirred and tried to look up at Sora, failing and dropping her head again. Sora immediately reached into the fridge and wrapped her arms around the light psychologist, taking her out and running for the door, bodychecking it open and running for the stairs. She didn't care who saw here, all she cared about was getting Kokoro to the infirmary before it was too late.

Once she got there, she kicked the door open and ran to a bed, gently lowering Kokoro onto it and pulling out her handbook. She immediately contacted Syobai, promising him money if he could help Kokoro. Once he came to the infirmary, got paid in advance, and began working on giving help to Kokoro, Sora contacted Emma through the handbook and told her to come to the infirmary.

A few minutes later, Emma burst through the infirmary door. "Sora! Where is she?!" She desperately asked. Sora silently pointed over to where Syobai was giving first aid to the now-unconscious Kokoro.

Emma wandered over there, watching Syobai wrap up the cut-off finger stump with gauze before he affixed hot packs to her lover's blue parts with more gauze. Eventually, he noticed her staring and glared. "Fuck off, blondie. Mind letting me work in peace? Go bother albino girl." He deadpanned. As much as Emma hated him commanding her, she walked over to Sora and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, pressing her face into the shorter girl's hair.

Eventually, Syobai left, his work finished for now. Sora and Emma looked at each other, figuring that they shouldn't wake Kokoro right now. They left the infirmary and went to the dining hall to share the news with their classmates.

The next day, the duo were headed to the infirmary when they saw Syobai slip out the doors, he noticed them and moved out of the way. "She's awake." was the only thing he said before disappearing down the hallway.

Sora and Emma looked at each other again, then rushed into the infirmary. There, they saw Kokoro lying in bed, her breathing stabilized. The psychologist looked over at them as they hurried to her bedside, her eyes widening in surprise. "You two..." She trailed off.

"Kokoro! You're awake!" Emma smiled sadly, placing her hand over Kokoro's, which was under a heated blanket.

Sora gently rubbed the psychologist's shoulder comfortingly. "Kokoro, who did this to you?" She asked, ready to give the culprit a piece of her mind.

Kokoro coughed before giving her answer. "...Emma."

Sora blinked for a moment before turning her gaze to the actress. "Wait, it was you?" Upon Emma looking away from them both in shame, Sora's eyes narrowed. "Emma, why would you do that?!" She demanded.

Emma was silent for a bit, trying to steady her breathing. "...I had no choice." She finally answered.

"No...choice?" Sora asked, looking over at Kokoro. A thought suddenly came to mind. "Are you a part of Void? Did Mikado make you do it?"

"That's...part of the reason..." The actress trailed off, her eyes filling up with tears.

Sora's eyes widened in shock. All this time, she was dating one of the Voids she was trying to stop. But that wasn't important right now. "What's the other reason?" She asked hesitantly.

It was then that Kokoro spoke up from the bed. "I said too much." She explained. "I didn't know... Her past caused her to attack me."

"The schools rules say that violence without the intention of murder was forbidden...I wasn't supposed to kill at this island, but what could I do?" Emma's tears began to roll down her face, ruining her makeup.

Sora quickly put the pieces together. "Ah...you never told Kokoro about your past? I thought you would after you told me it." The amnesiac thought for a moment before snapping her head up. "...You don't need to continue this now."

"...What?"

"The school rules say that violence without intention of murder is prohibited. But it never says what happens if a murder is interrupted by a third party. With this in mind, there's no need for you to try and kill Kokoro now." Sora explained.

Emma slowly began to smile. "Is that true...? Ahaha...Mikado's going to kill me."

"Not on my damn watch. Neither of you are going to die, not by that wizard or anyone else on this boat." Sora proclaimed, her expression stern. Emma only laughed and suddenly enveloped Sora in a hug.

Kokoro smiled from her place on the bed. "She wouldn't betray Void or tell me anything about their plans, but I think it's safe to say that she won't be a threat to anyone at the moment." The psychologist tried to lift her hand, but was forced to stop struggling when it wouldn't move. "I still don't appreciate my finger at the moment." She scolded.

"Sorry..." Emma's apology was muffled by Sora's shirt. "I do love you both...I swear I do..."

"It's alright." Sora sighed, unsure of what to do right now. She figured that they would talk about it when Kokoro is able to talk better. "How about we talk about this later? We should at least make sure Kokoro is okay."

Emma raised her head from Sora's chest, seeing her makeup soaked through the shirt. "O-Oh dear, I ruined your uniform. I'm sorry." She pulled out a handkerchief and tried to clean it up, but to no avail.

Sora pushed the cloth away. "I can change my shirt later. For now, let's just make sure that Kokoro goes to sleep safely." She turned her attention back to the bed, Emma nodding and doing the same.

Meanwhile, Mikado fumed from the surveillance room. He was thankful that Emma couldn't go through with her plan, but she was exposed as a Void to both Sora and Kokoro. He could only hope that Iroha would gather up the courage to plan her murder.

Art credit: sparklingsora on instagram