Rain (Kanaroha/Kanade Otonokoji x Iroha Nijiue)

Iroha stared out the window gloomily as the rain continued to pour outside. It hadn't stopped raining for the whole day, and Iroha couldn't paint outside due to the fear of messing up her canvas. And even if she were to dig up her waterproof paints and go outside, she could probably catch a cold due to her bad immune system.

Kanade walked into the living room with a couple large soft-baked cookies in her hand. Technically, this was her house, and by extension, her living room, but Iroha had nowhere else to go to after running away from her parents, so Kanade let her make the guest bedroom her own and let her live there. When the two of them began dating, they had agreed that it was both their house, and that Hibiki was gonna need a futon whenever she wants to sleep over from now on.

"Iroha? You've been looking outside for a while now. Are you alright?" Kanade asked, sitting down beside her girlfriend.

Iroha sighed, putting her face in her hands. "N-No...I..." She got out.

Kanade put her cookies down and wrapped her arms around Iroha. "Hey, what's wrong? Is it the rain?" She asked, pulling Iroha closer to her.

"Y-Yes! I wanna go out and paint the mailbox over there with the tree in the back for a domestic painting, but the stupid rain's just gonna mess it up!" Iroha cried into Kanade's chest.

Kanade rubbed her back, looking at the window. "And with that amount of rain coming down, there's no way in hell I'm letting you go outside anyways." She sighed, scowling at the pouring rain outside.

"Exactly! What am I supposed to doooooo?!" Iroha's sobs were muffled by Kanade's chest, but were still audible.

"Well, if you wait a bit, it should clear up!" Kanade began with a smile. "And when that happens, there's gonna be a pretty rainbow you can paint instead!"

Iroha stopped crying and looked up from her position. "A...rainbow?" Then it sunk in, and she raised herself off of Kanade. "Yeah...I can paint that instead!" Iroha wiped her tears away with a sniff.

"See? Everything works out in the end, right?" Kanade picked up one of the cookies she put beside her and handed it to the painter. "It's like you always say: you just have to think positively!"

Iroha nodded, taking a bite out of the cookie and looking outside one more time before turning to her girlfriend. "...Can we watch some Madoka?" She asked.

Kanade giggled, picking up her cookie. "Of course! Let's go set it up." She and Iroha left the window and migrated to the couch, spending the rest of the day watching anime.

Art credit: 71886171 on pixiv