chapter nine

hinata loves to pay for others. he loves being able to provide, even if it was something small. so when tsukki pulled the stunt of paying for their meal, he knew he had to get him the money somehow. 

this was his plan: jump tsukki and shove the money in his pocket. he knew tsukki wouldn't accept the money, he's too annoying for that. so, he decided his plan was the only thing that would work. he planned to do it after morning practice, right before tsukki left. he was usually one of the last ones to leave since Yamaguchi is a bit slow to changing and he always waited. hinata thought that was sweet of tsukishima, but he would never say that out loud. 

It's now Monday morning in the hinata household and shoyo is determined to get the money to tsukki. shoyo got ready quickly and started running to school. he started his journey to school with the determination for volleyball and his plan bubbling in his stomach. hinata put his bike down and started running to the gym. 

kageyamas back got bigger and bigger as he got closer and closer. he turned around just as shoyo passed him. to both his and shoyos surprise, tsukishima was already about to walk into the gym. 

tsukki got up early today. he didn't know why, but he did and he decided to just come to the gym and get some work done. maybe make fun of hinata a little bit. whatever. he turned his head and watched as the first year idiots raced to the gym.

"damn kageyama you're losing your touch." hinata started bragging and flexing his muscles. tsukki rolled his eyes and made his way to the clubroom. 

idiot shrimp. 

practice went smoothly, for the most part. hinata was getting better and better at receives and nishinoya couldn't help but compliment his kohai. 

"wow hinata! you're doing so much better! at least your receiving them with your arms now." tanaka and nishnoya laughed together while hinata blushed like crazy. 

"h-hey! those weren't even that bad!" an embarrassed blush still painting his face. they laughed some more and got back to practicing. 

soon, practice ended and all the boys were in the club room getting ready for class. this is when hinata was going to execute his plan. he wasn't smart enough to make a back-up plan so it was now or never. so small-minded. 

everyone was changing in the club room. even though suga and daichi were ready to leave, they stayed just to watch the team. a parent's job is so hard. 

hinata was ready to go, holding the money in his hand, and glaring at tsukki. 

"why are you glaring at him boke!? i swear if you got into another fight I'm gonna smack you so hard!" kageyama angrily whispered to hinata so that the karasuno parents couldn't hear him. 

"It's not like that." hinata said, not taking his eyes off tsukki.

"can't you just pretend to get along so we can start practicing on Saturdays again, boke! i swear you can't do anything without me!" hinata rolled his eyes.

oh yes, I need you. my setter. my savior, what would I do without you? hinata sarcastically thought to himself. hinata saw that tsukki was about to leave the club room. he thought it was weird since he was leaving so early and by himself, but he didn't have time to think twice. hinata flipped into action mode and before he could even think, his arms and legs were wrapped around tsukki. 

tsukishima caught himself before he could fall and let out a small yelp. this alerted the others around them, especially daichi. 

"ooh! gettem!"

"yeah! gettem shoyo!" tanaka and nishinoya were egging hinata on and laughing about it. 

"hey! no attacking each other! you guys are supposed to be getting along!" daichi said before anyone could say anything. kageyama was next to start scolding the smaller boy. "OI BOKE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING! I JUST SAID TO GET ALONG WITH HIM AND YOU PULL THIS CRAP! BOKE HINATA BOKE!"