Running

Itna giggled lightly, looking away. Hearing the giggle, Mehk smiled, but tried to conceal it. “I just had a thought. I barely know a thing about you, but I want to. Would you be willing to tell?"

        “What do you want to know?" He asked, sitting back.

        She sat in thought, “I’m no good at asking questions."

        He nodded, “Well let me know if you come up with anything."

        She stood up, “Okay, well, I’m going for a quick run. It’ll probably help me think of a couple. I’ll be back, ‘kay?"

        “Oh, uhh, okay," he stood up and walked over to the tent. “Be safe, I guess." She smiled, then started off, disappearing into the desert. Mehk watched, hoping to catch another glance of her.

        A little while later, she made her way back. She walked over to the spring and sat next to it, taking in a few gulps before sitting back to catch her breath. Mehk walked over, shirtless, freezing as he noticed Itna by the water. He took a step back, hoping to not be noticed. Itna’s ear twitched and she turned around curiously. Upon seeing Mehk, her eyes widened and she turned back to the water, blushing lightly as the image of his bare chest flashed in her mind. Disappearing into the tent, he emerged with a shirt a moment later.

        She skimmed the cool waters with her claws, “Sorry about just heading out like that. I run a lot. In fact, I almost run every day. After all, I am a cheetah."

        “It’s okay, I was using the chance to do some things I don’t exactly want to do around you. I’d prefer not to die from embarrassment." He laughed.

        “Oh? Well what kind of things?" Itna asked, tilting her head to the side.

        “Bathing, Weapons training, things like that."

        “Okay, I suppose that makes sense." She rose from the edge of the spring, walking over  to him. “You should come running with me sometime. I’m curious as to if you can keep up or not," she laughed.

        He smirked, “Keep up? Yes. Outrun? Possibly. Run without focusing on you? Impossible."

        Itna laughed, “I’ll keep that in mind."