Pomegranates

The next morning, Itna awoke, yawning as she stretched. Before her arms went down, she was suddenly being tickled. Her eyes widened as she flailed to get free, laughing, “Staaahhhppp!" Bringing her to the ground, Mehk tickled her intensely. A moment later, he realized he was lying on top of her. He stopped, looking into her eyes. He leaned close to her and stopped an inch from her lips. Itna moved forward slowly, connecting their lips in a soft kiss.

        Kissing him once more, Itna slowly moved back, with Mehk leaning after her as if in a trance. She laughed, “Morning."

        “A very good morning," he smirked.

        “So, am I allowed to get up?" She asked

        He shrugged, “Possibly."

        “Possibly? What’s that supposed to mean?" She laughed lightly.

        “Well, It depends on whether you want to or not," Mehk said with a smile.

        “Food?"

        “Okay, we’re up, let’s eat." He said, helping Itna to her feet.

        She nodded, making her way out to the garden, “Have you seen anything in the garden that you want to try?" She looked back at him.

        “Only if you’re in it," he winked, laughing.

        Rolling her eyes, she giggled, “Seriously though. Breakfast. What do you want?" He shrugged. “Okay, pomegranates. They’re good," She walked to her pomegranate tree, picking one and sitting, her back against the tree, in the cool shade. Mehk followed, sitting next to her. Reaching behind her, Itna pulled a dagger from the back of her belt, slicing into the pomegranate. The juice ran down the fruit and dagger as she cut it. Offering Mehk half, she licked the blade clean, before wiping it clean and resheathing it.

        She spent the next minute teaching him how to eat pomegranates and laughing. Once he got the hang of it, they talked and ate. Eventually, they finished eating and Itna looked down at her paws, stained with the pomegranate juice. Walking over to the water, she rinsed them in the cool, clear waters. Mehk followed, sitting by her.

        “Beautiful," he began to blush. “Uhh... I mean, the pomegranates. They were, um, beautiful?" He said, lost as to what he was trying to say. Itna giggled, covering her mouth. “God I love that giggle of yours," he spoke before even noticing the words coming from his mouth. His face grew redder as his embarrassment deepened.