Staring

Later that night, Mehk sat next to Itna. The sun was sinking below the horizon, covering the sky in beautiful shades of red and orange. "So, good news and bad news. Good news, our pants dried. Bad news, our shirts didn't."

"How aren't they?" She asked.

"They were under our pants, so they didn't get the sunlight. However, they will be dry by morning." He handed Itna her pants, then slipped on his own.

"So, we're just supposed to sleep without shirts?" She asked, slipping on her pants.

"If you want, I can sleep outside," Mehk replied reluctantly. Itna shook her head, "Then should we, like..."

"Do you promise you won't make a big thing about it?" She asked.

"I promise," he replied.

"And you won't stare?" She questioned.

"You'd have to dull me down before I can simply not stare," Mehk smirked.

Itna rolled her eyes, "Looks like I'll keep my chest covered for the whole night."

"Nonsense," Mehk took her arms, wrapping them around his head. He kissed her, holding her close. Purring, she kissed him back, dropping her guard. Suddenly, Mehk broke the kiss, holding Itna's arms and backed up a couple steps, taking in the view before pulling her back close to him and whispering in her ear, "Okay, I won't stare, I promise."

Itna blushed, purring lightly, "Thank you." Taking her hand, Mehk led her into the tent, lying down as she cuddled up to him. Nuzzling his chest, she slipped a paw onto his chest. As she slipped into a soft sleep, she felt the warmth of his chest against her paw. The rising and falling of it comforting her in the cool desert night.