A Surprise Meeting

Itna woke early, rising with the sun. She looked around her tent, wondering what woke her but shrugged it off. She stepped outside her tent to watch the colors rise from the horizon. Suddenly, Itna noticed a body lying at the waters edge of her oasis. Her eyes grew wide as she ran to the figures side. She checked for a pulse, giving a sigh of relief as she found one.

        That's when her eyes were drawn to his arm. Itna tilted her head to the side, staring at the unique machinery. She slowly moved her paw towards his arm, but as she made contact it burnt her. She looked at the sky, seeing the sun now baking the sandy dunes. She drug the figure into her tent, then grabbed a cup and went out to fill it at the oasis. She came back in and sat next him, placing his head on her lap, "Hey," she said in a soothing voice, "you gotta wake up and drink something."

        Suddenly the figure awoke, his robotic eye booting up. He saw that he was on a girls lap and jumped up, surprised. The cup Itna held spilt on her and she began to wipe the water from her fur, "Don't be scared, I'm only trying to help."

        "Who are you? Where am I?" He pulled a small blade, pointing it towards her, "Did the scientist send you?"

        Itna's eyes grew wide and she put her hands up, backing against the wall of the tent, "I-I..." She took a deep breath and regrew her confidence, knocking the blade from his hand, "I don't know who you are or what you're doing in the middle of MY desert," she said, pausing for a moment, "But I just saved your life! Don't hold a blade to me." She finished harshly, narrowing her eyes.

        He looked down, "I'm sorry, I just..." he lowered his voice, "I'm sorry for bothering you, I'll be on my way..." He started for the entrance of the tent.

        She gasped, grabbing his arm, "Don't go I... haven't seen someone else for so long..." He stopped and looked back at her. His robotic eye flashed as he looked her up and down. She looked away, sitting back on her legs as she let go of his arm, "I'm sorry... I don't exactly know how to interact with others..."

        "It's okay, neither do I," he said sitting back down. He looked at his arm, seeing his gauze in shreds, "Do you have any guaze or spare cloth?" A small grin found its way onto Itna's face and she grabbed her backpack and opened it, revealing that it was full of medical supplies, and handed him some gauze.

        He took it and began wrapping his robotic arm, "So, what's your name?" he asked curiously.

        "Itna, Itna Leita," she smiled, closing her bag.

        "Nice name," he smiled back.

        She looked up at him, "What about you, Mr. robot man?"

        "Mechanical meld 274-a, or Mehk Traxson, for short," he said as he finished guazing his arm.

        Itna tilted her head to the side, "Oh? That's, uh, interesting..." Mehk stood up and lent his hand to help her. She took his hand, rising to her feet. "What are you doing in the middle of a giant desert anyway?"

        "Running..." he replied hesitantly.

        "Does it have to do with the scientist you mentioned?" She asked curiously.

        "Yeah," Mehk said, realizing their hands were still joined. He withdrew shyly.

        Itna's cheeks turned bright red and she moved her hands behind her, "Oh." Mehk's face went dark red as he realized how cute she was. She smiled lightly, "So, I've asked my questions. Got any about me?"

        "How about telling me what a cat like you is doing out in the middle of a harsh desert?" He asked, testing the calibration on his arm.

        She led him outside to the water, "I thought it was obvious, I live here. In fact, I've lived here for as long as I can remember." She shrugged.

        "Oh," slowly his hand moved idoly towards hers, lightly scraping the side of it.

        "Hell, I don't remember anything before I woke up... Abandoned in the desert..." She shook her head, "Sorry, I'm just rambling now..." She glanced at their hands, so close together. He followed her eyes, realizing where his hand was he moved it away. Itna turned her attention to the water, pulling her knees to her chest. She could see Mehk staring at her through the corner of his eye and smirked. Taking in a deep breath, she laid back on the warm sand and sighed out.

        Mehk looked over quietly looking her up and down as she stretched, closing her eyes and soaking up the warmth of the sunlight that was beaming down. He laid down next to her. She grinned, looking over at him, "Soo, you got a story behind that arm of yours?"

        He shrugged, "I don't know it very well, just what the scientists told me, which I don't trust." he laughed.

        Itna nodded, "Seems legit, I guess."