Chapter 12: A Happy Day

It's a wonderful morning and Athy is getting ready for her date- no scratch that she was just getting ready for her dinner plans.

For the first time ever she's actually contemplating hard on what to wear. She doesn't feel the need to impress but somehow she wants to look more girly than usual?

Not to go overboard, she decided to wear a denim skirt and plain oversized tee tucked in with her usual white coat.

Now, how come she has dinner plans and with whom?

Days before

"When would you like to eat?" He casually dropped the question when she was taking her coffee from the counter.

What a pleasant surprise, she didn't expect that he actually remembers her request or that he will even initiate it first.

"I'm free whenever so you decide when," she replied with a stoic face, trying her best to hide the giddiness inside.

And of course the part where she's free whenever is not true. But she'll make herself free, be it ditching dance practice or meeting with friends.

"Is that so..."

"You work around dinner time, right? It can't be helped, I'll settle for a lunch or snack." Oho, she's the one making demands now. No wait she's actually a bit embarrassed now, gosh what's wrong with her. "I mean if you're okay with it..."

"Actually I'm given an off this friday..."

And so that's how it got settled. It's such great timing he has an off day during the weekday. You know, because meeting out during the weekend sounds like... a date... not like they haven't gone out before on such a day. But this is scheduled! There's a difference!

And also she managed to get his number! Lucky~

"You're acting weird today. Well, you've been acting strange lately but is there something going on?" Helena asked, interrupting her head in the clouds.

"You keep looking at your phone," her boyfriend added.

These two are really sharp, or was she that obvious?

"I was just checking the time," she nervously excused, the two still looked at her suspiciously but no longer pried.

"You have dance practice right?" Jarvis asked.

She sighed in confirmation. This day feels longer than usual and she's already getting impatient. The three of them are in the library now finishing up their worksheets. After she finished first, she handed it to them so they can turn it in on her stead because she's already getting late for her dance practice.

Lucas-kun~

Her head did a sharp turn when she heard the familiar name being called.

And it's really him on the flesh! She never saw him on campus on a normal day except that one time during the school festival.

How refreshing! What a rare event! She could feel her phone vibrating from the alarm she set but her club could wait. This is more important.

And so she stood there openly staring at him and gaping at the situation he's in . 'Ohh. Look at mister hotshot there being surrounded by girls.' She inwardly chuckled, but he really looked troubled and uncomfortable. Is this his daily life? But she couldn't blame those girls, he looks insanely hot even though he's only wearing a plain white tee right now.

"I'm sorry I can't. I already have plans." She couldn't understand a thing those girls are saying because they're talking in unison but his reply meant they were somewhat inviting him.