Chapter 7: Love is

The first snow happened last night and only lasted for a few minutes, almost making fun of those who dearly anticipated it for a chance at a rosy romantic life.

It's the famous saying during this time of the year, that if you're out in the first snowfall of the season with someone you like, true love will blossom between you. It's such a romantic picturesque really, but it will make some people cling onto false hope, that their chances will increase just because it's snowing.

But aside from that legend, Athy really loved snow itself. She can don herself in a thick fuzzy sweater and drink hot coffee or tea to keep herself warm while enjoying the scenery as it's covered in white.

Unfortunately, she missed the first fall last night. After the school festival, she was so tired from the weeks of dance practice that she fell asleep right away. And that was the longest she had in a while and was only awoken by her grumbling stomach.

So, after drinking the coffee she made herself, she went out to have a late breakfast at Subway. She loved eating out alone, especially during weekends, aside from the rare occasion that she cooks for herself, but that rarely happens.

Ah, sandwiches! A packed perfection~ The layers of bread, meat and fibers compacted is such a pleasant sight~ Ha, why bother making when she can just buy one with guaranteed taste?

And so, she continued munching and savoring the taste of her food while scrolling through her phone. She looked at pictures of their performance, 'woah they're a lot of videos too. Well it can't be helped, I looked like a total beauty and fairy there.' She gloated at her own appearance.

Yesterday was so eventful, with the sudden visit of Ijekiel and Jennette, but the particular moment that left the stronger impression on her is-

"You owe me twice now, Athy."

And then he took the kebab and left like nothing happened.

That guy! Is that payback for dragging him? Even though it's her fault, that's too much! He could've asked for something else. Why did he have to say her name in such a soft tone? He even went closer... those eyes and face sucked her in, beautiful people are dangerous! That was really bad for her heart.

Jennette even thought that he was her boyfriend. How could she immediately jump to that conclusion?

This Athanasia swore to never have such feelings again to any man! It will only lead to disappointment, like how her father made her feel.

Haaa.. Thinking about how thoughtful he is of Jennette still infuriates her. 'He never once asked nor cared about how I'm doing here!'

She angrily chomped on her sandwich, it still tastes great even when she's in a bad mood. 'That's right, I'm still eating and living well, I should stop thinking about those things and get on with my life.'

And by getting on with her life means finally doing her laundry. Because of her injury and catching up on dance practice, she didn't have time to take care of it, and now it piled up like a mini mountain! Uh, such a shameful thing, after this meal she'll take care of it right away!

+++

*sound of spinning clothes*

This is Lucas' Saturday routine. He would wake up and make himself some breakfast and then after that he would take care of his laundry. A peaceful day, unlike yesterday...

*flashback*

Lucas was freaking tired. The manager scammed him into working during the festival and then a certain stupid guy and a blondie dragged him around.