Chapter 8: Cold breeze

"It's alright to not be fine, on your o-o-o-own. Now, I'm shaking, drinking all this coffee~ These last few weeks have been exhausting~" she hummed while flipping her pen, with both ears strapped with airpods.

"You seem to be in a good mood these days," Jarvis commented.

"I am?" She answered back, taking off one of her airpods.

"Yeah. Did something happen?" Helena further inquired.

'Hmmm. What is this? Why are they looking at me with suspicious eyes?'

"Is there something you're not telling us?" Her eyes look more discerning.

"Nothing that I know of?" Seriously why does she feel like she's in a hot seat?

"You know, like already knowing Lucas and not telling us about him," the girl pried further with a cheeky expression.

Huk, has she been caught? Of course, aside from some obsessed admirer, her friends will most likely catch up on that.

"I don't really know him that much. It's just that he's a barista at the cafe," she explained and nervously smiled afterwards.

"Oho, is that so?" She smiled mischievously.

Helena and her senses are really scary. After that she made so many theories and scenarios about us. This girl really reads a lot of romance novels and absolutely thinks we have a thing for each other. I looked at Jarvis to ask her for his help to calm her down, but he only looked at me nervously. Gah, he's so useless!

After tirelessly evading Helena's teasing, I'm finally able to excuse myself to leave. However, even as I left I could hear her snickering in the background, "You're going to see him again, don't you?"

No! I'm gonna go there for the coffee damn it.

Seeing him was just a bonus!

"The ones I tasted during the festival, are they on the menu now?" Athy asked Lucas. Yes, she's finally able to call him Lucas on her mind instead of black haired guy or barista ever since she claimed they're friends during the school festival.

He looked at her for a brief second and muttered a small 'yeah.'

'What's with the boring response?' She mentally huffed, when she finally thought they are somewhat closer to each other. But she's having a good day today and nothing can ruin it! "I'll have that, then!" She beamed at him who took her order like usual.

She sat down on her favorite seat and brought out her study materials. Later on, she was finally getting her rhythm on reading, drinking and eating snacks on the side.

But suddenly she felt something unsettling, like someone is staring at her and sending bad energy. She looked around the cafe and saw someone familiar gazing at her.

Eek! It's the obsessed admirer! What was her name again? R-rea?

Wow, her hair and makeup looks perfect today as well. The definition of a perfect lady. 'But, why is she glaring at me like daggers?'

Then it hit her. That girl asked her about Lucas last time.

She probably thinks she's a rival. 'But I'm not doing anything to your Lucas. See? I'm just minding my own business.' She mentally cried, not wanting any more drama in her life.

Ah, her mood was so good earlier...

But there was nothing she could do about it so she breathed in. That girl could be just here to visit her beloved. Right, 'let's just focus on the cake.'