Chapter 3: Rose colored

"Thank you for helping me choose, young lady, such a beautiful and kind girl, you'll surely have a bright future ahead of you. I wish my grandson could meet a girl like you as well."

"You're flattering me so much granny. Take care on your way! I'm sure your son and daughter-in-law will love the flowers you will give them," Athy smiled and carefully guided the cheerful lady out and waved her goodbye.

Today is a lovely sunday. The sun is bright out and the cool breeze makes it the perfect weather to look around nature and smell all these lovely flowers.

"Oh my, Athy! You don't have to help around today! What if you strain your injury?" Lily who just came from the back door rushed and worried about the girl.

"Don't worry Lily, I'm perfectly fine without my crutches already and I'm being extra careful," she smiled at her warmly, "I missed Lily so bad I just had to see you today!"

The older woman immediately melted from the heartwarming welcome and gave her a tight hug, "I missed my little princess too," she said affectionately while caressing the young girl.

Soon she broke the hug and quickly examined her, "Are you sure you're really fine?"

"You're such a worry wart Lily~" she chuckled at how mom Lily is acting.

Lilian York, a single woman in her mid thirties but still looking like she's just in her late 20s, is Athy's godmother and her favorite person. She met her back in high school and introduced herself as her mom's friend.

From then on, Lily became someone like a guardian to her, always giving her the time and affection she doesn't receive in her own home. Part of the reason she's glad that she's studying in this university is because Lily's flower shop is near here, and she can easily spend more time with her.

And that she did, almost every weekend she helps around the shop and after that they will have a meal that Lily cooked.

"The yellow roses are so pretty! I managed to sell it to a kind granny earlier," Athy beamed while the girl patted her a good job.

"There are a lot of deliveries today, that's why I've been busy this morning sorting them all out. I'm sorry Athy, you must have looked forward to it but looks like we'll eat out for lunch today," she frowned.

"Don't worry about it Lily. I'm just glad to be with you and look, I even wore what you gifted me before," she twirled around showing the pretty dress that perfectly fit her body. The outfit consists of a simple sleeveless gray checkered mini, with a short sleeved white blouse top underneath. Athy prefers wearing comfortable and casual clothes but she'll wear dresses that Lily gave from time to time.

Lilian's eyes shone in happiness, "Oh my, I should change so I don't look shabby beside you. Hana and Ces should be arriving soon for their shift."

"Lily's the prettiest whatever she's wearing!"

"Thank you but you know I can't match up with such young beauties," Lily laughed it off and soon after Hana and Ces arrived. She did a quick change and they left shortly waving the duo goodbye.

"Shall we go to your favorite restaurant?" Lily asked as Athy excitedly agreed and linked arms with her. It's such a good day.

"This restaurant has been here since I was a student, as well as the coffee shop you always go to. A lot of things have changed but it still has that same nostalgic feeling," Lily mentioned as they went inside.

The inside is buzzing with people, mostly families, it is sunday after all. The interior of the family restaurant as well as its history and good food makes it the perfect place for families to gather.