Chapter 5: A picture of us

Excited is an understatement for what Athy is feeling right now. A few things happened, fighting with robbers, getting injured, meeting a handsome barista... Okay cross that last one out.

Anyways, her ankle healed quite faster than expected. She was able to catch up on dance practice as preparation for their highly anticipated performance during the school festival, which is today. While she has been working hard for her successful future, her ultimate goal is happiness.

That's why she's going all out today and let go all of her baggage! She can enjoy her time alone and no older sister that needs to be babysit.

Coming to campus early today already donned in her performance outfit, she roamed around checking out all the booths currently being set-up. With a brochure in one hand that was given to her earlier, she's planning in advance the places she will visit and all the food that she will taste today.

Of course as to not catch too much attention, she covered her outfit - which is a simple black sweatpants, black sports bra topped with mesh long sleeves, crop top and white sneakers. The members are uniformly wearing black for their motif but they each took liberties doing their faces. For Athy in particular, she only did light makeup with a loose transparent powder, glitter eyeshadow, waterline, mascara, light blush, two-tone lips and contacts.

Red contacts.

Lily told her and from the pictures that she's shown her that her mother has reddish eyes. She wanted to see what it would look like on her, it just coincided that it's also the eye color of a particular guy. Also, she used the perfume Lily gave her for the first time and put a generous amount in her body, like a little too generous you can smell it from a meter away.

'Kebabs, fish cakes, tteokbokki..' She's already drooling imagining it. But all those would be perfect if they're paired up with ice cold coffee! ' I wonder if they're selling those...'

As if the gods heard her wish and granted it, she saw a makeshift cafe-like tent.

'Montberg Coffee,' she silently read the sign. 'Hey, that's my favorite cafe!'

'Paid work leave during the school festival my ass,' Lucas grumbled.

When the uncle manager said no work in the cafe, he meant it literally, no work for Lucas in that cafe outside, so he brought it inside the campus.

'Haaa.. What can this cafe slave worker do about it..'

Currently, he's preparing for their opening - filing the seats and checking the supplies and the menu they'll serve today. As he worked he noticed a familiar yellow blob looking around the cafe.

He approached and politely told the curious customer, "I'm sorry but we're still closed as of now."

"It's okay I'm just here to look, kya! " She yelped in surprise, finally seeing the person.

Lucas was indeed right with his suspicions that it's the fairy girl. But something's different about her...

Red eyes?

Ah, she's wearing contacts. And the more he dwelled on her appearance, he noticed that she looked really extravagant today with her makeup. If he remembers correctly, Cabel told him that the dance club will have a performance, that must be why.

Feeling slightly embarrassed about the fact that she met the guy and their eyes are almost the same color, she avoided his gaze. "Then, I'll excuse myself and come back later," she scooted away slowly and halted when she heard a shout.

"Wait!" The manager suddenly bursted while rushing over.

"You're the girl who always comes by to the cafe right?" He abruptly asked while she looked back in confusion.