Twenty-two

The Emmy’s were next week and I had not gone out yet to search for the dress I would wear. Normally I had a designer that would create something just custom made for me or my stylist back in New York would find something that looked dazzling yet sophisticated. Chris was coming with me to Beverly Hills where we would do some shopping for shoes-since you never can have too many of those and dresses, as well as a new shirt to Chris since had only brought two from New York. He couldn’t really walk around in old clothes or something that would fit his suit, so we were in for a long hunt today. There were a ton of stores in Beverly Hills, mainly brand-stores that were exclusive and ‘haute couture’, meaning high fashion.

At the moment I was dressed in a pair of light, denim jeans along with a flowing green tank top and some heels with golden studs at the back of them. I had some bangles in silver with words on them that were pretty encouraging and made me happy to look at. Also I had a big, black leather bag that was strapped on my right shoulder. It was a pretty casual outfit, good for a shopping day out in the warm sun.

My hair was in waves since I had worn it in a bun all day yesterday and today before I got ready and I had only applied a bit of eyeliner along with mascara as the make up for the day.

“I’m ready now” I informed Chris as I walked down the stairs to see him get up from the sofa and smooth out his grey V-neck shirt.  He wore a pair of denim shorts that ended under his knees along with simple black flip flops. His hair looked a bit tousled and messy but it was a good look for him and made him look really hot according to me.

He smiled when he saw me. “Let’s go then.”

We got into the car and strapped the seatbelts on before Chris who had chosen to drive started up the car. Beverly Hills wasn’t that far away from us, just about fifteen to twenty minutes by car and with Chris driving, for me it took about ten to fifteen minutes being the speed-freak that I was.

“So exactly what are you looking for?” Chris asked as I turned my gaze from the window to him.

“I’m looking for a simple gown… Something that’ll be suitable for the Emmy’s ya know? Elegant yet something fun or different.”

“Uh… Yeah.”

I laughed. “You have no idea what I’m talking about do you?”

“Sure I do…err” he made some weird sound at the end of the sentence whilst making a weird face, purely out of confusion.

“Just something subtle that doesn’t stand out too much, so I can spice it up with an awesome lipstick and glittery jewelry.” I tried to simplify to him and he nodded in slight comprehension.

I reached over and patted his thigh. “You’ll get it if we find what I’m looking for.”

“So…when are we heading back to New York?” Chris wondered as he adverted his eyes to me just for a brief moment then back to the road.

I froze. I had completely forgotten about my job- Murder’s edge- and that I was needed back at home. Home didn’t quite feel right to say either; California had always been my home and would always be. Sure I had a house here now but it felt gutting knowing that I would have to leave the best place in the world according to me. Time had flown by and I had gotten into the habit of not doing that much besides meeting up with Becca and Laura, then from time to time Avenged and the gals. It had been so easy to fall back into old patterns, sure it had been a lot of drama just these past weeks I had been here but other than that I was so lost in my bubble of comfort.

“Babe?” I jumped as I heard Chris voice, bringing me out of head.

I ran a hand through my hair. “I don’t know… Maybe in like a month or so..? When I have to get back on set basically.”