Twenty-four

NC-17 - Sexual Content

I took a swig out of my glass that was currently filled with some whiskey that I had no clue what brand it was nor where it came from but it tasted good. I loved whiskey, it had a lot of taste to it and a strong one along with the alcohol, and it always seemed to calm my nerves the best. Right now I needed calm or at least to figure shit out. I had been at the bar for a while and people had joined me talking for a while and then left, but I remained seated

“I don’t… I don’t know what uh… do to ya know?”

He took a gulp of his beer and then looked at me. “What do you mean?”

“I’m just… supposed to trust him when all the evidence and well, the rest… are suggesting the total opposite? It just- I don’t know what to do. I feel like he’s leaving something out and he gets less trustworthy each day!” I argued, trying to put all the pieces together in my head. Why everything was turning out badly and just worse each day, was all her fault. She had messed things up when they finally had gotten better but no, ‘she didn’t do anything wrong’ . Fucking bitch had done wrong but he was just too stupid to realize it and played along with it.

“What did he do that was ‘so’”-he made air quotes with his fingers-“bad?”

“So, how did the Emmy’s go?” Laura asked me whilst searching through a rack of clothes at Bloomingdale’s. We had decided that our day relaxing at a spa would be more fun if we spent more money and renewed our closets, so we decided to go shop instead. She turned to me, her fiery red hair was in curls and bounced with each move she made.

“Did you win any awards?” she smiled, excitedly. I laughed at her eagerness, shaking my head as I switched the bags from my right hand to my left.

I licked my lips, enjoying the taste of my watermelon lip smackers. “No, I didn’t per say but ‘Murders Edge’ did! It was voted the best criminal show of the year.”

She clapped her hands together. “Oh my god, that’s so cool! So the show will continue on like forever and be on air for all eternity just like ‘FRIENDS’ now?”

I chuckled, grabbing a nice black t-shirt and unraveling it, to see if I liked it.

“Oh god, I hope not haha. I don’t want to see my face thirty years from now and think about what I wore, looked or acted like when I was the age I am now. Holy cow, that’ll probably be disastrous.”

“Speaking of holy cows, did you see Christian Bale? Fucking hell that man is gorgeous, I just want to tie him down to my bed, rip his clothes off and ravish his-” I held up my hand.

“Yeah, I don’t need to know more.” I breathed. “Uhm, no I did not see… him.” I hinted, hoping she would catch on.

She turned to me, confusion and curiosity twinkling in her eyes. “What? Who did you see?”

“Jessica Attkins.” Laura’s face was blank. “Chris ex-girlfriend…”, that he almost asked to marry I wanted to add.

She gasped. “What?!”

We walked out of the store and sat down on a nearby bench. “Yeah, did I happen to mention that she was the one that sold me those earrings?”

“No.”

“Did I forget the part where she couldn’t keep her fucking hands off Chris or her eyes for the fact? Oh! And that she always had to emphasize that she and Chris still are ‘good’ friends with each other after all these years?” I gave her a twisted and pissed off smile.