23 | Exams

hey besties, how was your week? or past two weeks? sorry for not updating last week, I've just been having a very nasty writers block when it comes to this book oops. anyway, two more chapters to go and this book will be over, that's so weird. 

- - - 

Y/n sat on the Slytherin table in the Great Hall, eating her dinner and reading through her Charms book one more time, trying to cram in as much studying as possible. 

From tomorrow on begines the most stressful week of the school year - the final exams. 

She'd started studying last week, though only skimming through notes and books. Of course, she didn't remember anything from what she'd revised - therefore, she was planning to make up with studying for Charms and Potions through the night, seeing as that were the subjects the first exam was on. Then, she was going to sleep through the day, and then study for Transfiguration during the night again. 

Sounded like a great plan to her. 

''Y/n.'' She looked up at the call of her name. 

Fred stood there, sporting his usual grin on his face. ''Hey, what is it?'' Y/n asked, wanting to end the conversation quicker so she can go back to revising. 

''Do you want to go out for a bit?'' asked Fred as he sat down on the free space next to her - Krum had finished eating and had left with his friends a while ago. 

''I wish I could,'' Y/n said, waving her Charms book in front of her boyfriend. ''I gotta revise. You might be excused from exams, but I'm not.'' 

Fred chuckled. ''Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. But you can't study twenty-four-seven, right? You need a break.'' 

''I can't have a break now, Freddie,'' Y/n said, taking one last bite from her food before getting up from the bench, her eyes never leaving the words written in the book. 

''Y/n,'' Fred whined as he stood up from the bench as well, walking after her like a lost puppy. 

Adrien and Montague, who had been sitting next ot Y/n as well, watched as the two left, snickering at the Gryffindor following their friend. 

Y/n flipped to the next page, reading about the Bombarda Charm, as Fred continued walking after her and pleading her to at least go on a walk with him for a bit. That continued until they finally made it to the Slytherin dungeon, where Y/n stopped and leaned very close to the door, whispering the password as quiet as she could so Fred wouldn't hear it. 

The door opened and Y/n turned towards Fred, pressing a kiss to his cheek before heading back inside, ready to continue her revising. ''I'll see you after exams, Freddie. Be sure to study for the third task, okay?'' 

Fred stood in front of the dungeon door after it closed, staring at the decoration. See you after the exams? Am I not supposed to see her for two whole days? He sighed. It was going to be two long days. 

- - -

The Transfiguration exam for the sixth-years was almost over. Everyone was scribbling over their pieces of parchment, putting down the answers they remember or making up something on top of their head, hoping it was at least somewhat right. 

Fred Weasley, however, was sat at the back of everyone, sitting around piles of books. He was supposed to research for useful hexes he could possibly use in the third task. In the beginning, he did that for about five minutes before he got bored. 

Now, he was staring at Y/n's back. He watched as her hand never stopped moving, scribbling down answers he was sure were right. She sat three seats in front of him, two seats to the left. She was far, but at least he had a good eyesight - unlike his brother, Percy.